Gun Safety

Jezz

This is really graphic but shows what a 12 ga can do at close range. For all shooters that turn their head when someone changes stations with a loaded gun or points it in the direction of people should see this photo. We all need to be vigilant when at the gun club or in the field to see that this or some version of it does not happen again.

View attachment 3435

Attachments

• GunDamage.jpg
    GunDamage.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 102
Damn that has to hurt. A local (SE Idaho) dog trainer volunteered at a junior pheasant hunt last fall and a kid caught him in the mid section(groin) with a 12 guage. Messed him up pretty bad but I don't think it was quite as close range at the dude in the above photo.

Dang.

looks like it would of been a good turkey load.......nice tight pattern.

The pictures of his head would give everyone a good idea of why he damn near shot his foot off. This picture is from a batch of the guy who got attacked by a polar bear up north somewhere when the bear came into his tent. I believe this wound had more to do with saving the rest of his life than it did to do with poor gun handling. But I agree, people need to pay muh more attn. in general to their gun safety skills.

My son Chris was shot in 91 with a 12 guage, steel shot while duck hunting with some friends. He caught the load a couple of inches above his knee. It blew 4 inches of thigh bone out, and of course all the nerves, and muscle. They saved his leg, but he walks with a bad limp, has to wear a special shoe, and will probably loose his leg later in life, due to infections that set in. He has no feeling in his foot, and is always hurting it somehow and not knowing it.

Back