Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Lucky Draw on NV PIW deer tag

james_wvu

It looks like it is official. I got the email this morning. I did draw a NV PIW deer tag! Finally, after years of throwing my money into drawings across the West, I draw an awesome tag. This is too great a tag to half do. I don't have the time to do this tag justice on my own so I intend to hire a guide. Since I can hunt any unit in the state, does anyone recommend a particular unit or a particular guide? I wish you all luck in the draw. I can't wait!

Correction

It looks like in all my excitement I read the damn email wrong. I drew a late season 33 rifle tag!!! Not a PIW. The results are posted on the NV webpage. No matter, because that is where I had planned to hunt anyways!

Congrats, while not as nifty as a PIW (partners in wildlife) tag, Unit 33 is what I'd consider a premium trophy unit. Big deer and sheep there.

Why hire a guide? DIY would be much more rewarding.

O33 Late is one of the best tags in the state. I don't know what type of deer your after, but there's no reason you couldn't pull something over 170" and possibly 190" out of there if you hunted hard. We had a lot of water in NW Nevada this year, so the antler growth should be good. Your very lucky to have that tag, the Sheldon is a unique place.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back