MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Sheep.... Game on !!

Moosie

Grand poopa
http://www.realultimatepower.net/

3 1/2 more months and I will packing T-bones meat. time for Ninja training !!

T-bone is going to totally flip out and chop off a sheeps head and not even give a crap! ... and kick him right in the face.

Flying will really help our sheep hunting...

All that being said, I'm starting to work out to Hone my Ninja Skills !!! I benchpressed 50# of steel this morning 2 times and started to curl a Bic pen. I can also use the pen to poke someones eyes out !!!

Whats he Game Plan T-bone ? WHo's tent are we using, what food are we taking, Who's bringing the Stove, What boots are you wearing, what pack should I take..... So many questions, so little time !

I'm so excited I want to crap my pants.

Go ahead....crap your pants! I think it will make you feel better! Good luck on those ninja skills. I hear the sheep in Idaho are always on the defensive so you better have something to lay on the line when all else fails! LOL!!!!

If I may interject:
Legally, I believe you should consult your wife, prior to "packing T-bones meat"... I could be mistaken, but that may be considered grounds for divorce in Idaho.
:D

I've started working out 6x/week. I have a way to go... need to suck 20 pounds and gain a whole lot of cardio and strength in the next 12 weeks.

Timing- I had a curve ball thrown at me today. Just got offered a mgmt job with the same company that looks attractive (no more shift work). Initially I was thinking Mid sept-mid octber for the hunt. I need to make sure they are OK with me taking a month off. If they aren't ok with me taking a month off, they can bugger up. This may allow it to shift forward a couple weeks. Less chance of big snow. So maybe Aug 30- Sep 30.

Tent=my tent. I'm going to be ordering a Kifaru para-tipi with small stove. we can take turns holding each other by the stove on the cold nights.

Stove- I'll take my MSR rocket. fuel, and water pot.

Food- Bring your own hoser. I'm going the Clif bar,trail mix, Mtn House route again. If you're planning on being there for 7 days, I'll sneek an extra 3 days worth of food in your pack. That way I can stay for an extra week without a re-supply trip when you leave. (shouldn't be needed with your lucky butt along, Mr. "I hunted for 4 days and killed a ram, hardest hunt of my life")

Boots-my Meindels have one more hunt in them.

Your Pack- anything but the boyscout pack. just cough up the $ and buy one quality pack. You won't regret it. You can donate your 7 other's to the scout troop.

Glass- If you want to bring your new purchase, I won't bother bringing my Minox spotter. I still think the ultimate set up for that country would be those 16x swaro's mounted on a tripod. Buy those. This time, you can spot all the sheep.

Rifle and ammo- Dunno yet. still ironing out the wrinkles in my lightweight 30-06 rig. The 270 is always willing and able. The '06 would be mo'betta because of the 100 year anniversary. That's gay, I know.

You happy with your taxidermy work on your ram?

Are we missing anything?

You guys are so frickin lucky!
I like the way you enjoy every single aspect of the hunt from the early planning stages to the taxidermy work.

Moosie, that "packing T-Bones meat" comment was a little disturbing.

T-Bone, I'm getting a Calif. Bighorn sheep tag too, the drawing is just a technicality to determine which area.

Good luck you fags,
Ben

T-bone, dude ! (I can say that because I'm from California) You guys making me hope I draw a sheep tag ! Oscar, the #1 ninja skill is sneaking up on the Bones clif bar stash. Good luck with the training.
Somebody, please, a Brokback Sheep Mt. joke !

I checked out some new country where I'm going to draw my Montana sheep tag this year while bear hunting last week. No sheep but did see a lot of elk including 6 bulls, and a handful of mule deer as well. We spotted a bear almost at dark feeding away from us at a good clip. It wasn't big enough to spend the night on the mountain going after it, so we let it go. Going to be a fun place hunt sheep this year, but just incase the sheep gods don't smile on me like they did T-Bone, I put in that area as a backup for mule deer. Definately plan to do some elk hunting there as well.

Good lucky planning for sheep season guys, it will be here before you know it!

I've started working out 6x/week. I have a way to go... need to suck 20 pounds and gain a whole lot of cardio and strength in the next 12 weeks

NICE !!! Thats good, I'm working out once every 6weeks so it should ballenance us out :) I'm going to start though, soon ;)

Timing- I had a curve ball thrown at me today. Just got offered a mgmt job with the same company that looks attractive (no more shift work). Initially I was thinking Mid sept-mid octber for the hunt. I need to make sure they are OK with me taking a month off. If they aren't ok with me taking a month off, they can bugger up. This may allow it to shift forward a couple weeks. Less chance of big snow. So maybe Aug 30- Sep 30.

I would rather you shift it up. I would hate to be in there for the Snow. Let's go in opening day and hutn the First week. Thing is if it doesn't work out I have access to Float the River and Hunt from the Bottom and I'll take the time off with a River "guide" so we could hunt fromthe bottom "UP" if need be.

We can take turns holding each other by the stove on the cold nights.

UHhh, MAybe scratch the first Idea and lets go later so we can Cuddle ;)

Food- Bring your own hoser. I'm going the Clif bar,trail mix, Mtn House route again. If you're planning on being there for 7 days, I'll sneek an extra 3 days worth of food in your pack. That way I can stay for an extra week without a re-supply trip when you leave. (shouldn't be needed with your lucky butt along, Mr. "I hunted for 4 days and killed a ram, hardest hunt of my life")

YAH, If I know you, jsut like last time you'll throw out your Food, And eat mine anyways. 3 weeks on cliff bars ? Gross !!!

Boots-my Meindels have one more hunt in them.

I might use the REI ones.. you remember the ones everyone here said wouldn't work :D

Your Pack- anything but the boyscout pack. just cough up the $ and buy one quality pack. You won't regret it. You can donate your 7 other's to the scout troop.

I'm still pending my decision. We'll work on it .

Glass- If you want to bring your new purchase, I won't bother bringing my Minox spotter. I still think the ultimate set up for that country would be those 16x swaro's mounted on a tripod. Buy those. This time, you can spot all the sheep.

I'm either gonig to buy a new one or take in Kotters svoro scope. I'll also have his Satalite phone for you/us to use.

You happy with your taxidermy work on your ram?

Wouldn't trade it for nothing !! When you're here this summer you can take a Look-see.

Are we missing anything?

YEs, I'm sure... but we have some time.............

Sherpa,

Looks like my sheep chasing will be earlier rather than later. I plan on arriving at the trailhead the evening of Sept 1st. Does that 1st week of Sept work for you?

11 1/2 weeks away. Hope the fire season is friendly.

This thread is a pretty darn good gear clinic...good mood setter too.

...cept for the brokeback stuff.hump ;)

Well, I'm gonig to Start Working out today... Or tomorrow or Monday. Heck, We have alot oftime right ? Jsut quit moving up the date or I won't be ready :D

The physical conditioning is going well. This month I plan on stepping it up a notch and maybe suck 5 more pounds or so. I've put 50 pounds of salt in the pack and have been using trekking poles. I like 'em.

Still have a bunch to do on the food/supplies topic.

I initially planned on gear upgrades of a tent only. The tent is on its way here now. Also ordered new sleep bag and pad, boots, trekking poles and a new scope. The wife is thrilled with them. Some weight savings there and a bunch of savings on bulk.

I switched the scope out on my Rem 30-06 to a Leupold 6x36. For open country it'll work better than the 1.75-5x20. Been fiddle farting around with load development for it and have settled on 150 grain partitions. It'll print 3 in a quarter sized group. Good enough for me.

Oscar, will july 25 or 26 work for a get together with Warren? We'll be in town the 21st-26th so other nights would work as well.

Oscar, will july 25 or 26 work for a get together with Warren?

We'll make it happen, I'll talk to him in the AM. Seems I run into him alot lately ;)

Why all the Bullet prep ? Just sneak within 50 Yards of them and Use your bow. Piece of cake.... remember ? :D

Why all the Bullet prep ? Just sneak within 50 Yards of them and Use your bow. Piece of cake.... remember ? :D[/QUOTE said:
Kinda odd, but all of the encounters with the rams that were in rifle range were all well under 100 yards. You talked me into it. Scrap the rifle and compound bow, I'll take my recurve and cedar arrows.....And a rifle as a back up, in case I run out of arrows.

8 weeks from tonight, we'll be sleeping very soundly. 17 miles in a day will be a piece of cake. Funny how the mind works, I remember the packs in as a downright pleasant walk in the hills.

Cleaned up the optics today. They are ready to roll. Did you purchase the spotter you were talking about? I'll be putting a detailed list together tonight of food, and what I still need to buy. 4 weeks of freeze dried and Clif bars is bulky!

Are you planning on the hard candy and Snickers diet again?

Screw the Candy.. You ate more of it then me anyways :D ... OK, I'll bring some again :p

8 weeks from last night I'll be snugged up to you i nthe Back of your truck telling you how much I love you from the Last sheep hunt we went on !! I'm not in "T-BONE" shape but I won't let ya down.

You remember when we left at 3AM from the field and you burned like 10# of your Cliff bars ? bring something else to change up. I'm planning those shrink wrapped peanut butter and Honey tortillas and some Mash potato dehydrates. When you're here this month I'll show ya.

I'm flip flopping on the remembering part. I remember the Hike in as a piece of cake too but I remember that night I fell asleep sitting up ..... The next day was good as new but I'm glad I didn't do the several week option you're taking...... Most of the Hunt ws a Blur and I'm hoping we get a TKO in the Early rounds. We need to hunt a little different then the Kill ourselves every day in the first Week mode we were on.....

You packing out the Full cape ?? :D :D I'm thinking about getting a Elk tag ... ;) (Kidding, I wouldn't even want to carry the Tag for weight let alone any Elk meat.....)

I'm going to Snag Kotters Scope instead of buying one. I'm also gunna PAck his Sat. phone. If I'm hiking out I want one myself. We'll talk Game plan when you're here. Bring a List and Lets plan a couple hours going over it. Warren said he's good to go on either night..........

Remember our 4 week meeting 2 years ago ?

maps_a.jpg

big_enuf.jpg

I remember the packs in as a downright pleasant walk in the hills.

You do ?

Well.....

Let me Jog your Memory Einstein Remember this Mountian ? YAH, That was Day 2, We hiked from one hill down to the Bottom, Up that side and over it.

goat_784283.jpg

Remember this hole ? YAH, day one, after 13 miles of Hiking we bailed off this mountain to the Left side and Around the Top becasue it was to hard to pass over it...

2_parrot.jpg

Hiked from Far left to over the Backside of those mountains on DAY one....

trail_b.jpg

Maybe... jsut maybe you might remember it if I post this picture :

3_parrot1.jpg

Remember how far that is ?

Then Remember the Pack out.....

52_sheep.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member