Yeti GOBOX Collection

If you have $600-$1000 for a Camera..

Moosie

Grand poopa
I know there was a Thread about this But looser me can't find it.

I have an Itch for a New Camera with a Couple of coins in my pocket and the Wife gave me the OK to spend them on Hunting Crap !!!! Talk to me again why the one you have is the one to get or post a picture of what you'd buy.

I'm going on a Sheep hunt with T-bone this year and want to take alot of good pictures.

Yeah, but probably not that lens.

If you want to borrow my camera and lens for a soccer game or something, let me know. You will be impressed.

Next week Oscar gets some School awards.. YOU know, 3rd grader wit hthe Highest reading point in the School, Honors, Such like that. YAH, He's jsut like me, Brilliant :D And yes, I know I spelt jsut wrong :)

What lense then ?

Depends on what you are taking pictures of, which lens you want. Indoor basketball is much different than outdoor wildlife. Kids soccer is different than school program.

My lens was for Outdoor Soccer and was $200 EF75-300. Works good for outdoor wildlife. It sucks for indoor basketball.

The awards program ain't until next week.

Last night I took pictures for the neighbor's kid's softball game. 80 high quality pictures, burned onto a CD in about 45 minutes, start to finish. Now some parent can take the pictures, zoom, crop, whatever and have a quality end of season gift.

OK.... doesn't have to be today. See you tomorrow :D

I'm guessing you've scared everyone else away or no one has an Opinion ?!?!

Listen to MTMiller if he has an opinion, he seems to have a nice camera and getting close to the animals with his camera. Ovis is a good photographer, but I think his equipment is getting old.

JoseCuervo said:
Listen to MTMiller if he has an opinion, he seems to have a nice camera and getting close to the animals with his camera. Ovis is a good photographer, but I think his equipment is getting old.
Hell, I don't know much about cameras. I would suggest if you are interested in a DSLR, talk to finalshot (Tony). For the kind of money you want to spend it might be a good idea to get a good body and decent lens for now and be able to upgrade on better or more zoom lens in the future. I am guessing you don't want to haul a big body and lens into T-bone sheep county anyway.

If you need to get ahold of Tony, let me know. Not sure if he stops by here much anymore, but is on MM PHOTO board quite a bit. I have his contact number if you would prefer it.

Take a look at the Fuji S9000. It comes with a 10X optical zoom and a 2.5 digital zoom. You can buy a 2X telephoto lense (actually a doubler). Has 9 megapixels resolution. It's reasonably easy to use. (Has an auto focus) I like mine a lot.. This was taken from about 100 yards, hand held..

Attachments

• DSCF2106.JPG
    DSCF2106.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 74
So where does one find an adapter to attach the Canon rebel to a spotting scope?

We are, as of noon today, the proud owner of a new digital rebel. Hope to have some pics to post soon.

On the camera lens, What do the Numbers mean Exactly ?

Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5

Sigma 24-135 f/2.8-4.5

I know what 36-24-26 means........

The camera was $610, but I've seen them for about $565 lately. It comes with a 10X optical and 2.3X digital zoom, but the lense is not removable. You can buy a 2X doubler and a .5X wide angle attachment lense. It will take a memory card or a micro drive. I have an 8Gig micro drive in mine and a 1 Gig memory card. All in all, for the simplicity and the convenience, I don't think you can beat it.

:cool:

Papa Moose, the Canon is a pretty good option. I have a Nikon D100 and it is an amazing camera. I would look at the D70. If you have the chance hold the D70 in your hand and then do the same with the Canon. The Nikon is a far more durable camera. The Nikon does weigh more though. I have two good friends that are photographers. One is a staff photographer for the local paper, and the other is nature photographer who does calendars and other misc. stuff. When I was shopping they both recommended Nikon.

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25218

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back