ID sheep deadline

Thanks. I guess I'll bend over and take one for the team. Wonder if the sheep in ID like peanut butter too?

Ask Moosie on this one Bambistew, he should know! I think I will try one more time for moose before Idaho goes to the point system next year. I have been taking it for so long now that I figure one more year isn't gonna hurt much more. hump

wilecoyote
why are you havin trouble drawin moose? Idaho has so many moose tags and units that are easy to draw that unless you are puttin in for island park or some other tag that everyone else wants it shouldn't be to bad. Tons of units are 25-50% chance of drawing with great quality, you just have to look a little. Need help, send me a PM.
good luck
AKB

AKBound, that's the problem. I keep applying for units with 10% odds but can't pull a rose from a bucket of chit, I swear. With 5 tags available, not much luck pulling one, that's for sure. Average spread for 2005 was 42"....not bad but not the best I know. I'm honestly not too concerned about it though. My brothers, mom, dad, and anyone else I know put in and none have never drawn either. You would think that in 12 people I know that put in every year, at least 1 would draw but it never happens. There's always the "chit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills faster" approach.

4 of us have drawn 3 tags in a 45% draw unit in 2 years. 45", 42" 48". just had to walk less than a 1/2 mile. It doesn't have to be that hard.

wilecoyote76 said:
Ask Moosie on this one Bambistew, he should know! I think I will try one more time for moose before Idaho goes to the point system next year. I have been taking it for so long now that I figure one more year isn't gonna hurt much more. hump

I understand Moose will not be included in the points system next year. Nor sheep or goats.

MNHunter said:
I understand Moose will not be included in the points system next year. Nor sheep or goats.

The reason wile is putting in for moose this year is because once points come out he doesn't want to miss a point year for elk, deer or antelope. In Idaho if you put in for Moose, Sheep, or goat. You can't put in for Deer, Elk, or antelope. So if he continues to put in for moose then he will behind everyone in the points game which you don't want to do. This is of course in a few years. But have no worries I think the new slimmed down Wile is going to draw a tag this year. He's already planning it because he's already getting in shape for it.

Yeah, I didn't make that clear MNHunter. My odds aren't great but if I do draw it should be worth it. Getting in shape...just ask IdahoBugler about that! He's a friggin machine. If I do draw, IB is going to by my pack mule, that's for sure.

I've got to ask you guys in ID, are the odds really that good for a NR going after Moose? I've seen some units with 100% draw and some with pretty high success rates with 50% odds. I'd just like to get a representative shiras. Is ID the place to go?

Odds are that good for Residents.. not even Close for Non -residents.

Wilecoyote, Put in or the Palisades area. Thats were Me, Warren, Sylvis and several others went to get ours.... Do it, I'll draw an X on a map for ya !!!

I just read over on MM, that the point system that Idaho was planning for next year got scrapped. Have you guys heard anything?

Moosie said:
Odds are that good for Residents.. not even Close for Non -residents.

Wilecoyote, Put in or the Palisades area. Thats were Me, Warren, Sylvis and several others went to get ours.... Do it, I'll draw an X on a map for ya !!!

I did a little research and I found some areas that were 100% draw for a NR the last couple years

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back