Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Digital Cameras

Whiskers

I have a Fuji Digital Camera 2600Z with a camera card. It is coming up with a card error message when I try to take a picture. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need a new card? A new camera? I cannot figure this one out. I don't want to spend $45 for a new card if the camera is shot, I don't want to spend $100's of dollars to replace the camera if its just the card. Any help.

If you can take the card out and try to shoot a picture without it...You should be able to teat it that way I would think...I have a Kodak EasyShare, and it will let me do it...

Hunterman(Tony)

A few suggestions...

Pick up some contact cleaner from Radio Shack and apply it to the card liberally, then insert/remove the card a few times from the cam. This will fix the problem if it is a matter of dirty contacts.

If that doesn't fix it, you may have a bent/broken contact within the camera itself, which will require disassembly. I had this very same problem not too long ago with my Sony F707. It turned out the contacts were bent and needed to be adjusted a tad.

Before you go breaking your cam apart though, I would recommend getting a lower end stick and seeing if it is indeed the card or not. If it does it to the new card, you can always take it back.

Whiskers, I have a couple of Fuji's THe first thing that comes to mind is that the card is full.. Have you deleted all of the pictures on the cards? THey do not automatically delete when you download them to a puter..

What is the error message you get?

:cool:

Another thought is that alot of photo shops will have open cards or ways to check the card to see if it is still good without any cost to you. Just a thought.
Hope you can get it working again fairly cheep.
I also have the kodac easy share older model but it does work well.

Have you tried taking the card out and putting it back in? It's cheaper than buying a new card.. or camera.. Other than that, no suggestions.

:cool:

they don't make the memory card for that camera anymore. I finally found a Wal Mart that had one card, and it was in the back room. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all the help.

When I first bought my Canon digital camera, I had no idea I needed to format the flash card and I got a similar error. I thought it was a bad card but formatting it fixed it in a quick hurry. If it needs to be formatted, try that as well. It may or may not fix it!!

Take the car out an dput it in a card reader. if the PC communicates with it, format the card a couple of times. Try to then format it with it in the camera Through the USB cable with the pc.
Use the pc to do this as follows... Hold down the window key and push the E key at the same time, then look for the camera card as a removable drive, and right click on it and format it that way. If it will not format that way i would think it is a camera contact problem. If it formats both ways i would think its a card problem.

only format the card though the camera, dont do it while connected to your computer, or through the computer, you can damage the card for good . . . format the card, that should fix the problem. . . Also, if ever you shut down camera when it was trying to write or when you were loading images off the card/camera, to your computer, or there was a power serge or failure of any kind, you can destroy the card. I never use the camera to download images to the computer, it's asking for problems. Again, you can destroy the card, not just the file, but the entire card if you shut it down while it's writing. Most cameras nowadays wont shutdown if the card is writing or active. . . some will . . .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back