Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pictue Contest....

Should we continue the Monthly photo contest ?

• HELL YES, I enter pictures and enjoy it !!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Sure, why not.

• It doesn't matter, I get around to it sometimes to look.

• No

• HELL NO, I think it's stupid !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moosie

Grand poopa
Picture entry and Votes are Dwindleing...... Give me some Feedback, Should we keep up with the poll ? LEt me know.

Also, I plan to do a GRAND PRIZE contest atthe end of the Year with all the Pictures that won. Prize will be determined next month but I think we should do that again next year too. Jsut a thought if we stick with it....

Let me know youre thoughts.

NUT, I agree. We should have the pictures be within the Month of the Contest. MAybe We could put a "TAKEN ON 11-18-05" or something like that ? I sure don't have time to monitor the dates.

Although Elkchsr had good pics too he posted like 8 of them so I left it out the Contest because it was a Picture Contest not Pictures contest.

Any more comments ?

But I don't remember the date taken on most of my pictures. I do use ones taken within a month. I really enjoy the pictures that have been put up for the contests. Let's keep it going.

Yah, the Exact date might be tough but a :

"I took this 2 weekends ago when I was out looking for Sheep to Hump"

or something like that would be better then a Snow picture entered in a June Photo contest.

Just to keep things Active and New is all. We could have intermediate pictures of ANYTHING goes contest too. Hell I'm easy, I buy magazines forthe Pictures not articles, I'd rather see a Good picture then a Long cut and paste post anyway :D :D

Thats not fair.. then I couldn't see the pictures because I don't go there .....:wank: .. Uhhh I mean Often ;)

keep the pics coming, I think some of the reasons not many of us are posting is because we are busy out hunting, and for some like myself forget the :BLEEP: camera at home |oo next week it will be in my pickup and take some great pic hump

I enjoy the contest and think it should be continued. I agree, only recent photos should be used and I would like to see the pictures sized the same for all contributors. Not sure how that will work, though I would assume btine would be stuck with all that work. Also, 1 photo per month.

Just for shits, a description should be included with every pic.

mtmiller,

I completely agree with all pics the same size.. The upper size should be a standard 640X and they should all be that way. I dont mind resizing them. Thats a done deal.

I like the contest. Where I live I cannot take the kind of pics you guys can. NO ELK, Moose, Mule Deer etc. If and when i can get some decent shots, I will post them. I think the picture should be taken by the poster, and it shouldn matter how old they are as long as they are pictures you took.

I think it should continue. I think that participation has dropped off because many folks had one or two pictures they thought were great...once they used them they dropped out. You'll probably get fewer pictures if you require pictures taken within a month or two as well.

As for the size requirement: I think it's a good idea to require them to be the same size, but I'd like to see them sized around 800x600 rather than 640x480. They still fit on most screens, but you can see a lot more detail. A 5 meg picture loses a lot when you resize it to 640x480.

I agree with Oak that a 800x600 size should be used. I think we can Set up a place in the Gallery for "CONTEST PICTURES" then have Dec, jan, feb , Etc and put the Pictures in there and have it automatically resize them. EASE is tyo me the best. It takes about 1 hour for me to go add the BOLD names and RE~NUMBER each picture at the End of the Contest then Set up a Thread for the Voting. If we have to Upload and Resize pictures it's another hour so a couple hours total.

I disagree with Whiskers and with the Monthly photo contest It should be within 30 days prior of the month or that month (Or there abouts). We can have a few GENERAL picture contests and/or different things. One of the Reasons for the Contest is to have people out taking pictures and sharing their best, recent pics. They also don't need to be of Elk or mule deer, Whitetails, Pheasants, BAckyard trees, sunset's, lakes, ducks, Chick-a-dee's , Etc can all be used and I knopw you guys have that stuff there Whiskers :)

There are some really neat photos there. Its quality stuff! Why not keep it going? Winner of the winners is a great idea!! Its 70s here today, but I can throw some flour out on the ground, if I have to have snow in the winter. Just tell me the months that are supposed to have snow. haha

I'd like to see the contest continue. For some of us it's a great oppertunity to see shots from other parts of the country. I've just recently ordered a new camera and expect it to arrive between Christmas and Newyears. I'll post 1 a month and if I don't I'll by dinner for everyone passing my way. :)

I love the contest and I do not always get out in Nature but I plan on posting some great shots (IMHO) of the family haveing a blast with the bow. If you know what I mean. They don't always have to be winning shots and I like them all.

Oscar, by all means continue the contests.......I think it helps everyone pay a little extra attention when trying to capture those special moments....

I'll be getting in more and more now....been a little busy, so you can start adding one more pic to the list soon.....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back