Which Camera Y'all got

got2hunt

seems like every time I turn around someone wants to know what kind of camera the other has, so why not just make a thread.......

Well I got the Canon EOS Rebel xt and I love it just havent gotten the pictures I need to win another contest......

I was a gnat's ass away from purchasing the Digital Rebel the other day from Dell. Between the great deal Dell was offering coupled with the rebates Canon had it was a bargain. The only reason I was considering it was because I was having problems with my Sony F707. I convinced myself after taking apart my cam and troubleshooting the problem that it just isn't time yet to get rid of the camera...it still has life and is working like a champ now. I have two conversion lenses (tele & wide angle) I use with my Sony.

Rumor has it Canon will be out with more rebates in Jan. Who knows, maybe by then I could use the XT or 20D. Another contender I am looking at is the Nikon D200. Time will tell.

Sony F707
Purchased new about 3+ years ago for $1K
Can purchase from Ebay now about $350 - $400
5 megapixel
5x optical zoom (38mm - 190mm)
Carl Zeiss Glass

A pic from the cam and of the cam...

deer1a_332234.jpg

frontview-001.jpg

Here is the Canon Digital Rebel 350 XT

frontview-001.jpg

The 5D

frontview-001.jpg

And finally the Nikon D200

frontview-001.jpg

Panasonic FZ-10.

I think I paid ~$500 year and half ago

4 Meg Pix

12x optical zoom/36x digital

Panasonic DMC-FZ5.

Price around $400-450

5 Meg Pix

12x optical zoom (432MM)

I like it a lot, I do need to sit down a read the manual. There is a ton of crap on there.

striphunt021.jpg

Nikon 5400

Not sure what the price was, it was a college graduation present

5.1 megapixel if I remeber right, 4x opitical zoom and 4x digital zoom
I personally really like this camera, its not too big, very user friendly and will take better pictures than I can. I don't believe Nikon is making this model anymore though.

Could you guys go back and Edit you post and Drop the :

Price of what your Camera Costs
and How you like it
and What the MegaPixles are
and what the Zoom is
and maybe a Picture you took with it
and How new they are
and ..... Well, Chit like that :)

I know IB has a Cool camera that I'm thinking about getting this christmas but I can't remember what it was....

he has the FZ20.. which is an awesome camera by the way..

I use the Nikon D50 50-500mm lense.. Check out this @ss

Attachments

• DSC_2139.jpg
    DSC_2139.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 115
I got a FUJI, I bought about 4 years ago for $300. I ain smart enuff or rich enuff to use them big fancy cameras.

got a sony cybershot dsc70 I bought 5 yrs ago-- 3x optical zoom--not a bad camera----don't remember price, but it weren't cheap back then--3.3 mega

last yr after my Idaho hike I bought the Konica Minolta Z3 Dimage off of ebay($300 +/-)--12x optical zoom- 4.0 mega-- anti-shake feature---I bought it mostly for the zoom and anti-shake---I need to use it more to give a honest report--I've taken about 10 pics with it--5 here in my dungeon and 5 or so during my Idaho hike--Idaho hike pics=not good(my fault probably and dungeon pics are just ok)--screen is too small for me now a days --I guess I've hit the reading glass stage--I think it's a good camera, but if you need reading glasses I'd choose another as small screen = small print --seems also it's hard to see the pics after you take them--now this was a used camera so I may have got taken a little--not sure though--I think it's more operator error

my brother has a sony like the F707--'ell it may be that one--takes great pics--was expensive when he bought it

I want big zoom, easy to read(maybe I should get some reading glasses and keep them with me during the hunt-that sucks), fairly compact and with out breaking the bank(may have to forego bank breaking)---chris

Lumix (Panasonic) DMC FX7 with Lieca lense

Paid $250 I think.
5MP plus movie clips w/sound limited only by storage. Granted they are low quality, but still pretty cool.
3x zoom with 4x digital and optical stabilization
2.5" screen
Smaller than a deck of cards!

The only down side to this camera is it has no view finder, consequently by using the screen you use up battery juice, and it takes special battery packs. You can get about 50 pictures and reviewing and what not per battery however. I bought some after market batteries for $15 and haven't had a problem with running out of battery life in a day of taking pictures with three batteries, the charger will charge them in about an hour. My next one will be a FZ20 or something of the like. But for close range this camera does everything I could ask for it to do and takes fantastic pictures. On our trip to Africa last summer we took along a Minolta SLR with various lenses and took about 150 pictures with it as well as about 400 with the digital. There was very few film pictures that turned out even close to the quality of the Lumix's when printed! I was taking pictures through my binoculars plus 3x zoom on the camera and had surprisingly good results. The thing that I really like is the small size. You can slip it in your pocket and not even know its there, and you have all the power of a big point and shoot and much more at half or less the size.

Gemsbuck.jpg

africa2005269.jpg

huntress1_original.jpg

One through the binos

capebuffalo.jpg

I'm looking into the sony cybershot dsc h1 right now and may buy it--

5.1 mega pix
12x optical zoom
2.5" lcd
AA batteries

almost everything I want, but I may play with this Dimage a little more and see if I can come to terms with it--chris

I think another key factore with digital now is being able to fix problems with your pictures. There are some really great image editing programs out there that will greatly help your pictures. Here is an example of a pic bambi posted earlier:

africa2005269.jpg

And with about 5 secs of editing......

africa2005269.jpg

that way if you don't quite get something right in the field you can fix it at home. THAT is why I like digital.

EL

well I went ahead and ordered the sony dsc h1---$520 plus shipping off of ebay--pkg deal -here's what I got--tripod looks like it may be decent--

Sony CyberShot DSC-H1 Digital Camera +2 LENS +512MB NEW
$519.98 1 $519.98

Tube Adapter For Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens
$0.00 1 $0

Deluxe All Weather Proof Carrying Case
$0.00 1 $0

2x Telephoto Lens
$0.00 1 $0

Wide Angle Lens
$0.00 1 $0

512MB Memory Stick Pro
$0.00 1 $0

CR30: Digital Concepts Memory Stick USB Memory Card Reader
$0.00 1 $0

Deluxe Video & Photo Tripod
$0.00 1 $0

Deluxe Lens Optics Cleaning Kit (lck)

will keep ya'll posted as time goes by ---chris

I personally like the origial giraff over the "photo shop" version. The PS version is washed out and very yellow. The original pictures as percieved by my eyes are about as close to the original colors as you can get. I'm still amazed at the quality of pictures that camera takes. My PH had a nikon somehing wiz bang or nother and my little camera that cost a quarter of the price took easliy twice as good of pictures.. IMO

i have a Fuji S5000. Not expensive but works well. Has a 10X visual and 2X digital zoom.

:cool:

Attachments

• Ocotillo.jpg
    Ocotillo.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1341rv.JPG
    DSCF1341rv.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF1513.JPG
    DSCF1513.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 74
Back