Best Movie Ever

Quick Draw

Mojave gave me an idea..... What is the best movie ever.

I enjoy all types of movies. But I really enjoy Peter Pan and any one that has to do with Peter Pan.
Quick Draw

So many good movies that I have enjoyed that I really do not know what to name as best ever..I could list my favorites but I have watched some that were better made and better acted with a better script.

The Lord of theRings Trilogy is one I like as a whole.Aswell as Stars Wars(not the last3) Clint Eastwood movies I love(cept MadisonCounty)

But the one I would vote for as Best Movie ever is Citizen Kane.

I'm a sci-fi geek, so in that genre I'd have to say the recent "Serenity" really floats my boat.

Other than that I remember really loving "What Dreams May Come" and "Garden State".

And last but not least, and believe me I can't explain this choice, "The Pirate Movie" with Kristy McNicol has always been a huge favorite of mine.

I like westerns too. But the older ones. Shane,Ox Bow Incident and Searcher's(although I quit being a John Wayne fan years ago).

' Wild bunch', 'Serenity', 'Lonesome Dove'(although really a mini-series),'True Grit', 'The Iron cross', 'Escape from New York', 'Apollo 13'. Pretty much in that order

Given the time it was made, I think The Wizard of Oz is stunning. I like a lot of different kinds of movies, so picking one is tough. Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein always crack me up. An Officer and a Gentleman is a great romance/chick flick with enough "manly" stuff to keep my interest.

Lonesome Dove has to rank as one of the best Westerns. Alien is great for a scary movie.

the outlaw Josey wales for a western, followed by True grit.
Action, Id, say preditor, I'd say Die hard is really good second.
Fantasy/adventure i say the lord of the rings trio. followed by Terminator

What the Hell is wrong with FGT? I like Lonesome Dove also, but hey where else do you have Murder, Cannabilism, Gambling and a Fat guy eating Fried Chicken! Have you ever seen Amazon Women from the Moon? Rent it! John

Shawshank is great. josie wales is great. Citizen cane is great.
I love to watch each of them, but only one movie stops my remote dead in it's tracks 100% of the time-Jeremiah Johnson.

Platoon
The Long Riders
Tombstone
A Few Good Men
Full Metal Jacket
Heat
The Great Outdoors
Hoosiers
Legends of The Fall
Out of Africa

No single one jumps out as "best". There are numerous great flicks, the above are a few of mine.

Back