Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Proposed fees for AZ

Wow, elk tags for non-residents may be going to $1800!!! :eek:

That ought to make the odds of drawing a tag a little better for those willing to spend that kind of money. USO is probably liking that also, as many of their clients won't mind paying a little extra for better odds of drawing a tag.

That will still restrict out of state hunters to no more than 1/2 of 1% of those tags. That's a good thing.

:cool:

1800? Holy cripes!!! So much for my plans to start putting in for elk there next year.

Yeah, the only non-residents putting in for elk will probably be the ones hunting with USO. :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with Arizona charging $1800 for a premium elk tag, but they ought to find a way to keep USO and their clients the hell out of there. |oo

Washington Hunter said:
Yeah, the only non-residents putting in for elk will probably be the ones hunting with USO. :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with Arizona charging $1800 for a premium elk tag, but they ought to find a way to keep USO and their clients the hell out of there. |oo

I agree WH. This sort of fits right in with what USO wants. USO rules :rolleyes:

Tag increases

Wow! These prices are spiraling out of control. I would gladly pay the $1,800 for a premo elk tag or the $2,000 for a sheep tag but who likes letting AZGF hold thousands of their dollars for months if they stick with paper applications. I hope they are smart enough to at least draw interest off my money while they hold it. I admit its going to be harder to come up with all that cash for all species (especailly when I front my brother's money also). I'm sure they are going to lose a lot of application fees and general hunting license revenue because most people can't pony up that cash but I'm sure they have already done the math. I can't quit now though because I'm invested with several points for all species. I guess they got me again. It will be worth it if I ever draw. I've heard the resident point of view already. Any non-residents dare to state their opinion?

You can thank most of the idiots in az for these price increases. They wanted to lock out non residents for years .... Unfortunatly Az has a shit load of idiots who only think about them selfs when it comes to biggame tags.

In doing this fee increase the only NON RES that will be able to afford to get a tag are the people who are using guides now. the do it your self non res will mostly not make it in turn making USO alot easier to get tags for there clients.....

Delw

AZ was not ever really on my list, but now that the price of an elk tag is $1800, and a deer tag will go up to $662... Its way out of my reach now! I just hope that the cost of tags doesn't continue to escalate out of most people’s price range. It’s a shame.

I remember reading a post here or someplace last year when the law suit was over turned. I remember some people being a little spooked by the "cap" being so high. Then I remember there were some AZ residents that were reassuring that price wouldn't go anywhere close to that cap... Lucky for the NR's the licenses only went up 4 times what they were originally... Thank god they're only half way to the cap... Wonder how much higher they will go?

I’m really surprised that the Res tags went up so much!

I'm guessing other elk (industry) states are keenly interested in the impact of AZ's 4 1/2 X increase in NR's. I'm sure it won't be long before they coattail.

Will AZ make the same total aggregate elk tags available?

The 1800 and 662 dollar amounts are just for the A tier tags (premium 5% hunts such as early rifle rut elk hunts and AZ strip mule deer hunts). Those prices are too high for me, so I'd stick to the Tier B, which are still reasonable. It's supply and demand, pricey yes, but Arizona hunts such as the tier A are probably worth it.

After a though review of the new AZ fee proposals, I think I'll open a Zoo in AZ! Looks like all the talk and letter writing got USO what they wanted and they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

This kind of shit will only begin to be the end of hunting as we know it. Mark my word, other states wil follow and all of us who enjoyed multi-state hunting will no longer afford it. The Dorks that use USO win, as they will have less competition for tags now.
AZ loses because now every nonres hunting will most likely have a high dollar outfitter to contend with.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back