Yeti GOBOX Collection

Immature Moose DOWN!!!

BCBOY

YEEHAW!!! Was able to get 'er done this morning. With no Any Bull LEH this year I've been stuck hunting the elusive spike/fork immature general season. My bull is actually a 4X1. 4 point side is under the water. Messed around with him for well over 10 minutes trying to figure out if he was legal. He ended up going into some thick alder and I thought he was gone for good. I started cow calling and out he came into the middle of the meadow. That's when I saw he was a Spike on the one side. 200 metre shot, lung punched him. He hunched up and then stood there. I then anchored him with a spine shot. Since I was solo, I had no help with packing him out. I did the gutless method. I skinned him one quarter at a time and then worked the joints to get the quarters off. Then I hauled each quarter about 150 metres to the road. It took me 7 trips. Was a little different working up to my knees in water, but it only really took me a couple hours or so. Was thankful I had a change of clothes in my tote box. Was pretty cold by the time I got done. Pretty much poured the whole time I was working on him and the snow line wasn't very high above me.
Family will be eating good this year. No pressure to fill the freezer now. No excuse not to shoot an absolute WHOPPER of a muley. hump hump
IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back