Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

If you only had 100-150 for Bino's....

Moosie

Grand poopa
.. What would you buy ?

I have a Buddy thats a tyro hunter but likes to get out and wants to buy a Pair of Bino's. He can't justify the "TOP" end models so I was wondering what people have bought in the past around that price range that you'd recomend.

Cough up the info peoples..............

I bought a pair of Brunton Lite Tech 10X42's on ebay a while back and they're okay. Definitely not the high end but........you get what you pay for.

..the nikon 10x50 actions are in that range & are similar to the wind river mesa...I think they are very good for the $$$...porro prisms & on the heavy side though.

In that price range I'd be looking at porro prisms by either Nikon or Pentax, possibly Burris also. They're a little heavier than roof prisms, but for $150 or less, I think you're better off sacrificing lightweight for better quality optics.

I have the Nikon 10x50 Action Extremes, as mentioned above, and I'm pretty happy with them. My cousin has some bushnells that I used the other day when I forgot mine and I couldn't believe how much more I like mine.

It's another word for learner, student, Trainee....... Very good question. I showed him the Post and I called him a "Buddy thats not a hunter but likes to get out". But indeed he has hunted and is picking it up again. We restructured the sentence to Imply he's new at hunting without dissing him....

I know,Alot of work to do justto get info on a 100-150 buck pair of Binos huh :D

Thanx for hte help guys. He's looking at several you guys mensioned. Nows he's in the.... WTF is the big difference mode .... HAHA !!!

Well....if he's gonna hunt like you guys do, I would think he needs to think 'light'...so a roof prism is the ticket. 8 or 10x42's should work well. Think he'd be wise to try and raise his budget at least to the high 200's if at all possible.

I would tell him to stop being a cheap ass and at least cough up 225$ for a pair of Nikon Monarchs 10x40s I talked with a lot of optic dealers and they all say the same thing, its junk unless you get into the 200$ range. Make sure they are phase coated (corrected) Check ebay for a pair of Nikon monarchs. I got a brand new pair as a warrenty replacement for my old nikons and they are far better than the old ones were. in fact i could hardly tell a difference between those and my leica's in good lighting.

Tell him to call Doug at camera land. tell him he wants the 24hr campfire price.
212-753-5128
another nice glass for the money is the Minox 9.5x42mm IF binos.

Schmalts, Anyone that hunts like you, Owns land like you and Owns stock in their own private plane like you would think $225 is nothing to throw around. To some, remember, It's ALOT of money. to some, It's a Weeks worth of money, not an Hour ;)

Not saying he couldn't afford it, But just making a Statement.

I am just trying to say that there is a price range that he should try to get into just so he doesnt waste money... take it from a guy who "Anyone that hunts like you, Owns land like you and Owns stock in their own private plane" a pair of 250$ binos will be a better investment than a 150$ pair that will break, go out of alignment, and not be up to his standards in a couple years after he looks through his buddies 250$ pair..... you know the drill, there are some things that a guy can cheap out on and other things a guy should go without until he can afford better.

I probably spent $500.00 all together on many pairs of crappy binos before I finally caved in annd bought a "good" pair for around $250. I agree with schmalts. Hold off until he can buy a good pair. Maybe take the hunddred bucks and spring for gas to go with someone who has a really good pair of binos. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back