MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Antelope?

William Christy

Day before season, you don't have any time to look further and have to get it done the next day, it's down to these 2 bucks.. which one would you shoot?

Bottom one looks longer, but I think the top one has better mass and prong. It's also better looking. I'd shoot the top one.

I thought you were hunting goats this weekend, so I assume one of these guys met his fate?

Oak

Here's a couple more photos of that top buck to give better angle. I don't have any other angles of that bottom one. Still the same opinion??

They look like the same buck to me? Shoot either one, if they're standing together, reconsider, shoot the biggest one, not like Moosie. I kinda of think the top one looks better?

I think the bottom one probably scores better. The top one is shorter than I thought, and the right horn is shorter than the left. Really hard to tell from the photos, but I'm guessing the bottom buck is about 78 and the top one is around 76. Wild-ass guesses.

Oak

Not the same buck. Top one is deceiving looking, why I put the other pictures on. Thin horned makes his prongs look longer than they are.. 5 3/4 inchs. I think he's a tad under 15" in length, 5 3/4" mass on top, 12" mass on bottom. Very pretty buck but probably in the 76-78 range. Here's a better angle on the bottom one, which is no doubt bigger, but his prongs are probably 1/2" or so shorter..

Yikes, he's a little bigger than I thought. Pictures are deceiving. Congrats on a great buck!

Oak

I just caped him and put a tape on him. He's 80 inches on the nose. 16 1/4" on the long side. Montana buck. That was Sunday. I spent nearly all day yesterday in the hospital on an IV with some kind of bactierial stomach infection. Pretty brutal, not sure, but my guess is it could be the apple I ate after dressing him, didn't wash my hands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back