Sheep mount

TBinKodiak

Trying to decide how to get my Dall mounted. He's got a wide flare 27.5" from tip to tip, and he's real heavy (14 1/8 bases) so I want to be able to show both qualities. Does anyone have any pictures of sheep mounts they wouldn't mind posting. I'm just getting a shoulder mount, but if you have full body mounts I don't mind looking at those either. :D
Here's a a side view and a front view. Thanks for any advice or pics you can supply.

Attachments

• Sheep3.jpg
    Sheep3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Sheep5.jpg
    Sheep5.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 270
TB,
Just an idea..I've never seen a mount like this but any good taxidermist should be able to modify the form for this pose...Head up and slightly cocked to one side with the chin tucked--just like he's about to butt heads with another ram.

Other than that, I prefer the classic "alert" pose.

BTW nice roman nose on that ram.

Nice "NOSE"..... thats the Line I used to get my wife ... ;)

here is my ne and only sheep that I've mounted.......

ram_Lt.jpg

Ram_Rt.jpg

ram_front.jpg

....glad I didn't leave myself open of set anything up for that comment.....and in 4 mins from when I posted... you're getting better :D :D

TB

The following are some Photoshop projects I did for a friend. He sent them out with Christmas cards to all of his clients. Aside from altering the form, I think a set of teeth on these mounts make them so much more realistic.

whitexmas_original.jpg

NewImage_original.jpg

OK I don't know a lot about taxidermy other than how to cape and turn the lips and ears. I cut the skull plate off so I don't think teeth are an option, although you're right they do make it look more realistic.

Oh, i though this post "sheep mount" was something to do with the Montana boy's sick fetishes. Was i wrong

Do you got room on the ground I have done some ped. mounts That look great and it is the best way to show of the Sheep and that is a good one.. Thats what I would do. When you put it on the wll most of the time its not at eye level, And you dont get to see everything NICE Ram

You mounted a barely over half curl bighorn Moosie ????? |oo

Love that smile the taxidermist put on your elk :D hump

And I'd of mounted a lesser one............

C....eh ? N ... eh? D....eh ? , Keep drinking my son... keep drinkin'.

You'd mount less ...... dang thats why that elk has that grin ...... hump

Come up and have a CehNehDeh Beer on BCboy and I anytime and we'll teach you the fine art of adding the "eh" after every word. :D

See...that's what I've been saying, "Stupid Ass Canadians" have no appreciation for an animal unless it is full curl, 30+" if it is a muley, 70+" if it is a moose, yatta, yatta, yatta, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

errrrr ahem ........ Ovis .... we don't mind widths as long as it goes 200"+

Thumbs up to ya though ...... you nailed the others !! :D

BCbucks, I'll come up and Say Eh after every sentence if you take me out as the BC friend of a Friend guide for a 200" buck...

But thats another topic, this ones about Rams and Mounts. lets see some more pictures !!!!

Those are some NICE Sheep.

Both are damn sure better than mine :D

(Who's on crack? .....eh)

You know that STILL hve not called to advise that I won the AZ desert sheep auction. I better check my phone.

I would do the typical head mount. I think that would be the best way to show the horn size of the animal.
Quick Draw

Back