Say a prayer for Stubby

The Hedgehog

His days are numbered.

Mean Green will be warming up on mule deer and bear along the way. It's going to be a bloody week.

Awesome, good luck on the little fat dude. Has his execution date been set?

An E-Mail from the Save Stubby Site... http://www.savestubby.com/updates/3.php

Subject: Please Remove the Save Stubby website.
I would just like to warn you that if you do not take down your Save Stubby website immediatly, I will have you arrested for the felony crime of extortion.

Do not disregard this e-mail. The amount of funds recieved indicate a very serious crime has been commited. I think it is ridiculous that you are making so much money that you do not deserve, and I can promise you that I will turn you in as I have said; that is, if I recieve no reply to this e-mail, or if you show to be un-cooperative in any way.

This is not something that the police will take lightly either. If it was a hundred dollars, maybe they would, but the simple fact that you have recieved so much money capitalizing off of people's sympathies, makes this a very serious case of extortion which will surely be investigated.

Listen, I'm giving you the option of walking away with what you have......

Press Release

SaveStubby.com—the website which threatens to kill an immature buck antelope Stubby unless $50,000 is donated to an online account by Sept. 30 th —has garnered national media attention, with news outlets such as the Washington Post , the Chicago Sun-Times , the New York Post , ABC World News Tonight, and NBC Nightly News all covering the story since the site was launched early this month. Now, with the deadline in sight, donations are well short of the $50,000 ransom. In a last minute attempt to help save Stubby, Acme Publishing has negotiated with Greenhorn, the creator of the website, in exchange for an extension on Stubby's life.

Animal lovers, like Sue Brennan, who runs a shelter called "'Lope Haven" in Gig Harbor, Washington, are outraged.

"I think it's purely emotional blackmail and it was all designed to get a reaction," says Brennan. "The reaction he is looking for is money."

She and other animal rights activists have been calling for Greenhorn to stop. But GoDaddy.com, an Arizona company that hosts the site, refuses to pull the plug. Bob Parsons, GoDaddy founder and president says, "There's nothing illegal about the Web site. It's perfectly legal to shoot and eat an antelope."

Parsons says he's skeptical about the seriousness of the anonymous threat.

"To be honest," he notes, "we don't know if he's actually going to shoot the antelope. We don't even know if there is an antelope."

I'm not sure either.... but I would bet one dies :D

Conversation with Stubby

Conversation with Stubby
There has been a lot of interest out there about Stubby’s current condition. Since the general public is unable to see or interact with Stubby, we have interpreted his looks and actions into what a verbal conversation with him would sound like.

So Stubby, we’ve all been wondering, how are you holding up?

Thanks so much for caring guys! Well, to tell you the truth, I’m holding up great. I’m getting so much play time, and I always have visitors that take my picture and pet me. I’ve always got so much food to eat, it’s almost like I’m being fattened up or something, but oh well, it’s all so delicious!

What’s your living arrangement like Stubby?

Well, at first I lived in a small corral surrounded by a high fence that was covered in pine needles, I had a mat to sleep on and a bowl of water and food. It was pretty rough back then, but now, thanks to everyone’s contributions, my home has been upgraded several times. First, Greenhorn got me a big ole cage with a second story, an auto feeder and a water-purifying bottle. Then, when I got a little bit bigger, I got my own floor in a big high fenced area, its about 200 square feet big, and my cage is always open in case I want to hang out there instead. I’ve got tons of toys, but not really any of the cool stuff I want like an Antelope Escalade and some diamond bling.

Wouldn’t you rather be out in the wild then held captive by this crazy guy?

You’re the crazy one! My buddy loves me like he does the domestic sheep that he visits each night and treats me better than any pet in the world! Plus, I don’t have to run away from big ole meanies like cats, dogs and foxes and those guys that would rip me from limb to limb! I’m just so thankful that my buddy takes care of me. I am the luckiest Antelope in the whole wide world. Who else gets pounds upon pounds of fresh veggies and has their own floor in a house! Plus my buddy takes me to the park and walks me around outside all the time so I can become a good jumper just like other Antelope.

Did you know your owner is going to eat you?

What? Well, I’ve sort of had that feeling for a while, but I’m glad you told me. No wonder he’s been feeding me so much! Well, if I have to be eaten I’m glad it will by my buddy. You see, I’ve had a better life than most of the antelope in this world, so many of us are killed daily and never get the chance to know a friend like I do. I’m just thankful that I was found that day by my buddy. But what I don’t understand is, why would my buddy eat me?

Well Stubby, I’ve lied to you, he’s not going to eat you for sure, and it’s really up to us as viewers to decide whether or not you will live or die. We just have to shell out donations or buy some of your merchandise to keep you alive.

Oh my gosh, then get out there and buy a t-shirt or something, I don’t want to be eaten. It all makes sense to me now, he’s always saying things like you look so “sweet” and “Stubby you’re looking tasty today” but I thought he was just being friendly! (Swallows nervously) Please help me by donating or buying some merchandise! I can’t blame my buddy though, he’s the nicest guy on the planet.

Thanks to your donations, Stubby survived (I think). I looked for 3 days and couldn't locate him. Hopefully he will last the entire season if he's still out there alive, I'll draw again and have a 2nd chance.

Greenhorn never had a chance.... Here's the story...

I heard that this Greenhorn fellow was coming back in town and looking for me. As the waitress at the topless bar told me as she came to "visit" me.... Seems like he had been "striking out" all over town....

Well, in any event, I found this little plateau about 400 yards off the road and just laid there and watched him drive his '75 AMC Pacer up and down the road looking for me. I was pretty sure it was Greenhorn, as I could see the empty cans of Pabts Blue Ribbon being thrown out the window on the Pacer.

He has about as much chance of getting me as he does with stripper that doesn't take bills less than $50's.....

Scoreboard: Stubby 1, Greenhorn 0 hump hump

Back