Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Korea and the F-16's at Kunsan

Nightwolf

These are pictures of F-16's at Kunsan AB. and some pictures of Korea rice paties. oh by the way we are the "WOLF PACK". plus a picture of me with the 20mm gun for the F-16

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 188
  • rice rice.JPG
    rice rice.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 182
  • wolf pack.JPG
    wolf pack.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 179
  • need help.JPG
    need help.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 178
  • F16.JPG
    F16.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 180
Ovis, do you have a picture of the Blue Foxes? The reason I ask is my Dad was in the Army Air Force in WW2, and I think his group was called the Blue Foxes. He was stationed on Attu, which is the last island on the Aleutian Chain in Alaska. He loaded the guns on the P-38's, I will get a picture of him and the planes with the fox insignia this weekend and try to post it next week....

Zamboniman

There is a saying we Airmen have and that is "This ain't your daddy's Air Force". The Blue Foxes are still alive and well, but instead of at Attu they are now at Eielson AFB (just outside of Fairbanks) and they are F-16s now. Nightwolf and I were stationed together and worked at the 18 Fighter Squadron together (the home of the Blue Foxes). Below is a link to the 18th's public webpage. I'd love to see whatever pics you have to share.

BLUE FOXES

Below is a pic of one of their jets...notice the same old fox aft of the cockpit.
eafb-12.jpg

Ovis,
My Dad was with the 343rd Fighter Group, 18th Fighter Squadron. The picture on the Blue Fox page is the same patch he has in his folder of goodies from WW2. His health is failing rapidly and I am trying to get as much information on his days in WW2 as I can from him. I WILL get pictures this weekend and post them, just plain forgot last weekend. We are in the process of moving back home and I spent most of my days loading and unloading boxes from the damn U-Haul...

Zamboniman,

Send a letter with your Dad's info to the 18th Fighter Squadron Commander, Lt Col Dean Anderson.

Just address the envelope
18th Fighter Squadron
Eielson AFB AK, 99702

By tradition the new lieutenants are responsible for keeping the unit history and artifacts. Whatever you send will be included in the history and they can send you an F-16 litho and current patch.

Also you can check out the 18th by going to the Eielson home page
www.eielson.af.mil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back