Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Orxy Mount on the wall.. its about time!!

schmalts

Damn, its on the wall at last. The Lazy SOB Taxidermist mounted it this spring, then sat on it until he wanted to get off his lazy ass and do the air brushing. wait a minute... I was the taxidermist. that explains a lot :D
The wife has been on my case to get it hung up so i figured i would do it before i left for MT this friday so she has something to look at while i am gone. Anyway, here he is. Now i need to get my arse in gear and do my elk before the cape freezer burns :rolleyes: maybe this winter..
Levis%20mound.jpg

oryx%20mnt.jpg

oryx%20mount.jpg

Looks good from here. I didn't know you did taxidermy work schmalts. You're kind of a jack of all trades!

Looks good Pat. Best of luck on the MT hunt. I will be flying out of Great Falls on Thursday, so if you change your destination, I could stash a fuel bottle for you. ;)

Ovis, yea i did all the mounts that are in my house. I used to do Fish for a side job but when it bacame work i quit doing it but for myself.
thanks for the offer miller, where you going? to your Sitka hunt?

looks good, you really got to look hard to notice the ears are all wrong and the hide is off center. ;)

JB said:
looks good, you really got to look hard to notice the ears are all wrong and the hide is off center. ;)
JB, funny you should mention that the hide is off center. It drove me nuts trying to center the black stripe that goes down the chest. I finally gave up and realized the bugger's stripe was in fact not naturally centered. No matter how much i tried to pull the hide over it would only leave me short in the armpit. I will have to live with the fact i shot a Oryx with a nontypical hide :D

just messin with ya...wish i had one on my wall.
very nice job on the mount!....JB :)

Nice looking mount, but the stripe is too centered. I've never seen one that centered.. They always cast to one side or the other. Usually to the strong side.....??

It's a great looking mount..

:cool:

danr55 said:
Nice looking mount, but the stripe is too centered. I've never seen one that centered.. They always cast to one side or the other. Usually to the strong side.....??

It's a great looking mount..

:cool:

same side the testicle will hang slightly lower.

this one walked on a right turn, so i am guessing his right nad was huge.

Good job, Schmaltsie!!! That's a great bull. You're way ahead of me. I haven't even started on mine yet.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back