MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Lope hunting, nothing dead

mtmiller

Well I bought a blind this winter for archery hunting. I have a hard time sitting that long, but I am catching up on my reading. Here is one of the holes I am hitting. Schmalts-this is about 1/2 from where you hunted in the bales.
P1110661.JPG

This guy came by, but was probably too far for a decent shot. Not very big either, but I will be happy with about any buck.
P1110666.JPG

I saw this guy two days ago just bedded in the ditch. He wasn't impressed when I back up for a picture and made him get up. :D
P1110693.JPG

Left work a little early yesterday to sit on another water hole. Just my luck, it rained for about two hours and no thirsty lopes after that. What the hell, I was comfy, out of the rain and reading a good book.
0060989157.jpg

Finally had some entrainment later in the evening when this guy showed up and did some fishing? errr... salamandering??? :D
heron.JPG

He took out a couple any way. After he would catch one he would head to the shore and just stab the crap out of them and then washing them off in the water before consuming.

Oh well, not killing much, but still enjoying the MT outdoors.

Awesome pics and story once again.........it's gonna be tough to pic a waterhole in ND this year also....I can't remember a year in the last 10 or so, that we've been as wet as this summer......got another 2" last week........

Keep the pics coming......

I'm glad you didn't get any thing yet Craig, the great pics may slow down abit as you work on your endevour to get the big one...

I will cross my fingers for you on the next outing though... :)

Hey i reconize that spot, it was to the east of the bales wasnt it? But it was about twice as big last year.
cool picture of the salamander eating bugger. And what the hell was that deer doing?? Stretching?

Awesome pics Mtmiller....I wish i could be there with you...i love antelope hunting, keep the pics coming!

Hey Craig, I thought you would have filled your tag already. So you are not all that spot the night before and kill it in the morning type guy. Good luck!!!!

Back