Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Antelope

Colorado hunter

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for a long while. I't's good to be back. Thought I would share a picture of my Colorado antelope from last year. He was taken with a .54 cal muzzleloader after a 30 minute spot and stalk.
It's been scored and did pretty good for a Colorado lope, any guesses?

Attachments

• PA020053.JPG
    PA020053.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 164
  • PA020054.JPG
    PA020054.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 160
Nice prarie goat! I've never been that good at scoring them but I'll give it a try. I'll give ya a 76, just a guess. I'll be waiting to see how far off I am.
Congrats

I never shot a 'Lope and have no Idea what it scores, But I can see it's a Nice one !!!

Congrats on the 'lope man !!!!!

Good looking antelope. What make is the gun (flintlock, right) & what was the distance?

Thanks for the comments. I'll wait a couple days before I tell you the score.
That is a percussion Lyman Great Plains Hunter. Twenty years of shooting muzzleloaders payed off on this shot, the goat was taken at 140 yards. All of my practice at 150 yards was worth it......

Hard to tell from pics...but heres my guess...76 4/8 based on these numbers from looking at the photo:

Length-----15 2/8
Prong------4 7/8
C1-------6 1/8
C2-------6 2/8
C3-------3 3/8
C4-------2 3/8

Either way, good pronghorn with lots of character...congrats.

Ok, krshunter you almost nailed it, everyone else was close. (esp concidering the pictures) Nice job on a tough animal to score. It scored a gross of 81, net was 80 6/8.
One thing I found out was how much a lope will shrink during the 60 day drying period. My first measurement when shot was just shy of 84, the day I took it to the B&C scorer I had it at 80 3/8.
It's already been accepted to the Longhunter Book, still waiting to hear from B&C.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back