Spot and Stalk antelope.

Moosie

Grand poopa
I know hunting antelope is done from a Blind usually but how many have taken one just by spot and Stalking ?

I've arrowed 9 antelope, only one was taken from a blind, the rest were spot and stalk. Rifle hunting antelope isn't really hunting :)

Moosie, I've gotten two spot and stalk.. Never hunted from a blind.. well, not for speed goats anyway..

:cool:

Actually all 20 antelope (archery, muzz, rifle) I've taken were spot and stalk aside from the one archery doe taken from a pit blind. Who the hell is going to sit in a blind with long gun? Not me and I don't have the patience for that kind of boredum.

I believe I've killed 9 antelope all together if memory serves correct. All spot and stalk. 1 with a bow, spot and stalk. The buck actually came into a decoy on that one though.

I don't particularly like the blind thing, I was five yards from a group last year and got busted.

I have a great lead to be the sole hunter of speed goats on 8 sections of ground an hour and a half East of Billings I will be hitting up this year. I will have to get pics of the deer on the property, but won't be allowed to take any of those... :)

Blinds suck...:D(I'm impatient) I've only arrowed one goat...spot and stalk. But I'm 1 goat for 1 attempt...lucky maybe!;)

20 antelope DK? Man I wish I could draw that many lope tags!

I've only drawn antelope once and shot it with spot and stalk. I have another tag this year and I am going to shoot it with a bow, spot and stalk.

I've managed to take 6 lopes in about as many years.....only one being out of a blind, the rest were either S&S or Decoyed.....of those 6, 5 were taken with bow.......finally drew a rifle tag last year... :)

I guess I've shot 19 buck antelope and I don't know how many does, maybe a dozen. Mostly with a rifle, but 2 bucks and a half-dozen or so does with a bow, one buck with a muzzleloader. Never have taken one from a blind, but I'd try it if the circumstances were right.

Ernesto
Good loper tags are very hard to draw here and take a lot of points, but most units have OTC archery tags and I have a source or two for landowner tags as well.... so I get to hunt every year. I know you guys got it tougher up there, but your quality is better to. I've shot a number of dink lope with the bow in the beginning years.

I can't remember how many antelope I've killed but I have never used a blind, they have all been spot and stalk. Moosie where are you getting your antelope information...Jim Zumbo?

I meant with a Bow and Arrow. I guess I just asumed you guys knew that :D

BigSky, How many did you kill with a Bow ?

Using a blind with a Rifle didnt even come into play. I don't think anyone does that ? Usually it's running your truck across the desert and Slamming on your breaks and Jumping out. And before you laugh, I'm guessing more then a few of you antelope hunting bastages are guilty :)

Im talking seeing antelope, Crawling up to them and Wacking them with a bow... OK, OSOK, I meant arrow, Before you even get started ;)

YAH, I was wondering about some of the responses ;)

I know of a guy that took one with an Arrow once, but it was easy to put an arrow in it after the hole was made with the 300 mag :eek:

I'm not familiar with the 300 Win mag story. I must have missed that one. All that aside you know I don't/won't bow hunt. However, most of my friends do, and around here many of them have very good luck using a decoy during the rut. In fact I don't know anyone around here that has killed a lope out of a blind using a archery equipment. I'm sure there may be some one, but I can't think of anyone right off the bat.

Back