Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Motion camera takes some interesting pictures

JJHACK

I had a real exercise in frustration with this effort this past season. I have an old digital camera and a motion sensor that is battery operated. I wired them together kinda and got it to work OK when tested but in practice it was kind of a struggle. I made it work but it was a pain in the butt to deal with. Once I actually figured out how to get it all to work it was pretty amusing. Here are some of the photo's it took while set up at a few different places.

1530P1010011-med.JPG

A curious Kudu with those big ears could probably hear the bits forming it's picture inside that camera

1530P1010010-med.JPG

Some time later this nice impala ram was strolling by

1530P1010003-med.JPG

Another photo from the same place with warthogs(2) and an impala

1530P1010025-med.JPG
Maribou storks and a vulture on a gut pile

1530P1010002-med.JPG

On that tiny little camera window I could not see anything at first. Then I used the zoom function and saw that through the reflective dust particles there was a buffalo staring right at the camera! Must have been a whole lot of them to stir up the dust before the camera fired.

1530P1010020-med.JPG
Another at the gut pile several levels of activity here!

I'll have this thing figured out with a better mounting system and a larger memory card for next visit. I think I can get some awsome photos using this setup I bandaided together if I can solve a couple little issues.

Yeah but your dealing with a "true professional" here! I cannot be in two places at one time so I decided I wanted to know what I was missing. When my hunters come I have the game sorted out long before the hunters show up!

Here are a couple more that I just found

1530Waterbuck_bull-med.JPG

Young waterbuck bull

15302_varks-med.JPG
Another couple of warthogs

You live in some absolute excellent country to be able to see all of these critters... Thanks for sharing... :D

Africa on a tight budget. Now this is a safari I can afford. Keep em comming. Where's all the predators?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back