PEAX Equipment

Easy Winter, Lot's of Pronghorn....

iminrut

And are they on the move......I haven't seen numbers like this since the big winter kill of 97-98

Been doing some early scouting, trying to locate a couple local bucks and track them as they migrate......works out nice as I have to drive an hour one way to work along there travel routes... :)

Took a couple of quick pics....just something to look at......small herd, and a decent buck with some potential, given how early it is...

17390antelopeherd-med.JPG

17390springgoat-med.JPG

Good pics ininrut. Have you been seeing any fawns yet? I was in the field last week and saw a few, but man are they moving and not allowing me a pic. On Thursday, we were driving a fence trail and jumped on just in front of the bumper. That guy didn't slow down one bit before he disappeared 1/2 mile away.

A few minutes later we were where he had disappeared, no 'lope, but one nervous coyote. He was being chased by a PO'ed antelope doe. They are protective mothers. :eek:

Keep the pics coming.

I saw my first goat fawn yesterday on the way home......to far off to take any pics though...........most of the critters are just about to there summer ranges already.....you can tell the does are about ready to start poppin'........last week they still had bucks hanging with them, now the does are off by themselves.......I'm gonna try setting up a few trail cameras over waterholes in a couple weeks......see if I can get some pics that way....works for deer, LOL...........but will keep relying on the trusty Kodak.

Funny you should mention the coyote getting chased.......I watched a similar thing during last falls rut......except it was two bucks chasing the snot out of one, that was one winded "dog" the last I saw of him, LOL.....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back