New Broadhead

The ATOM broadhead........well, I'd be a bit leary of them. EXTREMELY expensive and their performance on a broadhead test did not perform well at all. Far too many other good broadheads out there to do the job, IMO.

As for the Wac'em heads.....they're the real deal. I was sent some to test and they pereformed VERY well. Their flight characteristics are exceeded by no other broadhead, IMO. Used my field point sight out to 70 yards and they hit the intended target.

They are a leading edge 3-bladed head that one is capable of re-sharpening. If you're not comfortable with that, you can replace the blades. They're only drawback is their price tag as well. Retail for about $31.00 for 3 (used to be 4-pack). Glad my hunting partner sells them at cost for Ol' BOHNTR. I'll be using them this fall.

The Atom think looks like it will go the way of the dodo.

The Wac'em head looks like quality.

For now I'll stick with the old and boring Thunderhead 100

That atom BH looks to be something to be desiered.
Those Whak'em's look deadly,dose anyone know how they stack up to the Slick Tricks or the Sonic Liberty's?
BBJ

http://www.above-timberline.com/wac'em%20broadheads.htm

I just ordered two packs of four, for 29.95/pack. Last one's I bought were $29.95/pack of three.

:cool:

Never tried the Sonics but theoretically the Wac em is going to do better just do the angles of the blade.

I tried them last eyar as well and they are a damn fine head. Tough as nails, razor sharp and like Bo said...they fly right with my field tips out to 50-60 and 70 never missing a beat.

The blade angles of the other two are a little steep. Fine if you push mucho KE but I take every advantage (almost) I can.

The price at Cabelas were about 22.50 apeice.... I think I can wait to see how well they work when they come down a bit... Besides, I still have a pile of Thunderheads to use up... :)

Will keep my eyes on these though, I think after a couple years, even if the price doesn't come down, the bugs should be worked out, or they will be dropped from production.

One or the other... :)

Wasp sst hammer is the broadhead of my choice. 31.99 for six thru cabela's.. Have had great success with these heads and as the saying goes.."if it aint broke don't fix it"
This broadhead has great puncher point which is critical for penitration.
Just my 2 cents...

Enrut

sonic broadhead

I just bought the sonic 125 just to see if they truly fly where there claiming, and they do just that, they fly exactlly where my fieldpoints do. the longest shot i took was 55 yards and they match my fieldpoint to the tee.these broadheads are awesome, i usually shoot muzzy 125 but no more its the sonic for me.

One of my buddy's used the wac'em on our Oregon hunt with great results on a center-punched rib....looked like quality to me!

I'll still stick with my Muzzys for the time being, tried-n-true and I've got too damn many in my tackle box to think of switching now....

Call me a dinosaur, I use the old Bear Razorheads, the green or the yellow ones doesn't really matter, and I get them for around $2 apiece. I sharpen them myself and it works for me. I'v been shooting them now for 26 years.
Shot through a elk head in 96, that was impressive.

I like Slick Tricks and if I can't get them then I buy Wac Em's. The ST's come first because they are a little cheaper. Both are very forgiving heads and sharpen up real nice. I won't buy a BH that I can't sharpen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back