MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dehydrator

My $0.02 ? Buy one.

My mom gave me one for a Christmas present many yrs ago. I love it!

I used to use the oven, but it's really hard to get the temp low enough, to do it right. I had to just barely click the Temp setting on, and then crack the oven door. Lots of heat escaped, heated up the house for hours, the Ex :BLEEP: .

Buy one! ;) Uses's alot less electricty too.

Marinade ?

Vinager, Texas Pete, Liquid smoke (w or w/o Hickory), salt, black pepper, garlic.

Vinager, Olive Oil, Liquid smoke, sugar/ honey

#3 (really good)
Olive oil, terragon, pepper: dredge in parmasean (sp?) cheese before drying. Refrigerate.

MMMM, sounds so good, i love deer jerky, man chit is so good cantgo worng with wimmen cookin it, it be like hard like it burnt anyway:D:rolleyes:

Get one, they work way better than the oven. My favorite jerky recipies are:
Hi Mountain jerky seasonings, follow the package directions. I use this with duck, goose, venison and beef. I grind the meat first in a food processor and then marinate it it the Hi Mountain seasonings. Then use a jerky 'shooter', it's like a claulk gun. Takes about 3-4 hours at 155 degrees.
My second favorite recipe:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup worchestershire sauce
2 tsp Accent
2 tsp season salt (Lawry's)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp pepper
Cut the meat in strips 3/8" , marinate overnite in the refrigerator. This will take about 8 hours in the dehydrator.
I much rather prefer the ground meat method, if there is any bb's in the geese or ducks you can hear them hit the side of the food processor and remove them.
Another thing, for waterfowl, make sure your meat is very clean, no tendons or fat, I have found that gives it the nasty wild taste.

I have used the oven method ( cracking the door open like the other guys have said ) But my Bro got me a dehydrator for christmas two years ago . now I do apple chips and deer and beef jerkey even fish .I have tryed bannas but they get too chewy and stick to my teeth. My Brother still wants to borrow it but he has bad timing .When he calls for it ,I am usually doing a batch or two.
Buy one you can't go wrong .
A friend of mine built one with screen and wood ,to do fish like the native americans did. salted his fish and left it out in the sun to dry, Great with beer!! Light a fire under it and wala ,smoked fish.

I use a combo of worshtershire, garlic salt ,soya sauce , black pepper
or if you like sweet brown suger, liquid smoke ,vinager
Apple chips I do with brown suger and cinnamon sprinkled over one side .

Even my bunny loving sister will clean out my stash of deer jerky. Bahahaha hump

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back