Anyone drawn/hunted AZ desert Sheep?

I got cj beat Ive been putting in since 1982, this year I will get drawn.

Ive gone on one hunt and have friends that have gone on a few. one guy taht I have worked on got drawn three times in 4-5 years

desert big horn he passed everything up( 1st tag)
draws a a rocky mountain sheep tag in unit 27( and his wife draws a desert bighorn ) same year (2nd tag)

then he draws another bighorn tag and nails a semi nice one(third tag)

this was back in 1988-1992

The one I went on was pretty simple. we went out saw some sheep passed them all up ( one day hunt) he goes out 2 weeks later and tags one on a one day hunt.

One of my long time customers got drawn for a hunt down by yuma and the mexican boarder. they back packed in 10 miles just to the area from where he parked ( all wilderness area) stayed for 4-7 days and hiked back out. he did this the whole season only coming to town for 2 days to get new supllies. said it was the best and hardest hunt he ever been on. he passed up rams every day of the hunt, got one shot at a real nice one and missed.

dont worry about bonus points I know guys that have drawn on there first time or first three years putting in.

Delw

You guys can hunt that Kofa mountain herd all you want....Well Delw that means we both have MAX bonus points.... so maybe we will both get lucky.....i think this is the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back