Caribou Gear

Steel Force Broadheads..

danr55

I tried them on this hog hunt. The went through that hog like a knife through butter. I was shooting the two blade version and I'm moving to the four blade version for Elk this year. Anyone tried them?

:cool:

I used them 2 years ago...scary sharp right out of the box and easy to sharpen too.

I had issues with wind shear though shooting 304fps....sometimes they'd just dive or veer to one side like a knuckleball:BLEEP:

Went to a smaller profile head.

They're a great head though for sure.

I was thinking of trying them this year I have been shooting Rocky Mt. Iron Heads and now I want to switch sounds like they work well.

Yep! Tried them on my hog hunt too! No complaints!! Passed right through and the hog dropped where it was hit! Two thumbs up for Steel Force!

Hopefully I will be going to Arizona.. I have this place that I know about in unit one that is almost on the res.. but not quite.. How about you?

:cool:

they are a very sharp head but the tip can curl or break if you hit something solid.

I've heard of the tip curling issues and seen some pictures of it as well. I think its due to the length of the main blade in comparison to the length of the ferrule according to what I've heard from others. There is just alot of blade that is unsupported and thats where the curling problem arises. From other things I've heard is that they may be among the sharpest broadheads you can buy right out of the package. I really do prefer the cut on contact design though.

Back