Packable rain gear

Ridge Runner

In the market for some new rain gear and was looking into Cabela's packable Rain suede line. Anybody have any feed back on this stuff? Would like to hear of any other recommended brands also that have been proven for hunting late season western hunts.

Thanks

I have a friend that uses Cabela's Rain Suede for late season deer hunting. He rides an ATV for miles in rain & snow, and he loves his rain suede.
Light weight, quiet, keeps him dry and dosn't cost too much.
I got a set last year, but havn't used it much yet, so far, no problems.
For pants, get the bib, it gives better coverage.

I went to AK for moose and griz last year and bought some Rivers West. I wouldn't say this is packable but it is 100% waterproof and windproof. It rained hard and was colder that I'll get out and we stayed toasty warm. Great gear but really for 60 degrees and below.

Well alot of guys like the Cabelas Rain Suede, I've had mine for about 4yrs now and it doesn't work so good anymore. In fact it never worked all that well. I don't use it anymore.

On the other hand I also bought some Rivers West clothing. It works very very well but its not as packable and I wouldn't wear it over 40 degree weather. I would not hike in it in over 20 degree weather. Thats just me and I hike alot and sweat alot.. good luck.

I've got a set of Frog Toggs from Bass Pro Shops that work well in warm weather and they are packable. I don't have any experience with using this outfit in cold weather although I've taken it on a couple of cold weather hunts.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back