Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

pair of moose locked together

300wsm

here is something you don't see everyday, a friend of mine found them up by Delta Alaska

Attachments

• Locked moose1.jpg
    Locked moose1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 562
  • locked moose22.jpg
    locked moose22.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 558
Thats a sad but cool find. I found 2 elk a few years ago here in az that were locked together like that and boy did they thrash there surroundings before they gave up.

Here are a couple of moose my grandfather found years ago. They came upon the skeletons in the spring in northern BC. Quality is not there because it was way before scanners and is a pic of a pic.
f4f17e13.jpg

Man, that sucks. Don't see that very often....matter of fact can't say I've ever seen that before at all.....with Moose anyway.

300 WSM

Was your buddy able to keep the racks, or did they go to F&G? I went to the Fur Rondy auction, and racks like that went for close to $1000. The carvers downtown bought them up. Two smaller bulls were found on the UAA campus in the fall too.

Waterboy, yes he was able to keep them, I remember the ones down by UAA, sounds like they were stinking pretty bad before somebody found them, seen one one of the post you put in for bison, should have told you to save your money for this year since I will get one of the tags :) :) :D , kidding, wish you best of luck, were did you put in for moose, kinda hope they have the cow hunt up in 20A again,

I put in for a couple of the bow moose hunts on Elmendorf and a rut hunt on the Kenai Penin. Chances are slim, but you can't get one unless you apply. Put in for the Delta bison, not enough $$ to fly to the others.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back