Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho residency requirements?

trophy_killer

Hey all I need some help. I was looking on the IDFG site and found this...

Proof of residency is required before issuance of any resident license. A resident is defined as any person who has been domiciled in the state of Idaho, with a bona fide intent to make this his/her place of permanent abode for a period of not less than six months immediately preceding the date of application for any license, tag or permit. Domicile means the place where an individual has his/her true, fixed, permanent home to which he/she has the intention of returning whenever he/she is absent.

We are planning on moving in June so does that mean that if we move we will be able to legally buy resident tags since we will be living there permanently from June on?

TK,
From how I take it you have to live in ID for six months BEFORE you can a resident tag or put in for a resident tag, so if you move there say June 1st you probably will not be able to get resident tags until 2006.

No, it means in December-04, you will have been "domiciled" in Idaho for 6 months (assuming you move in June-04), and then you will be eligible to purchase the license at that point.

They will want some sort of "documentation" that shows you were here for the 6 months. Utility bills and drivers license issued are the main ones.

You could try since you guys already bought a House last year and Can show proof of residencey. You could even get a ID licence this spring to on one of your trips over.... But I personally wouldn't. If you move here in June (Congrats to ya finally BTW) then you won't be a Resident by Hunting season.

i got my licence after living in Idaho for a few weeks....i called fish and game and they said that i was a resident from the day i moved to idaho..

SageGhost.... I would disagree with that statement. I think there is a longevity clause in the regs. Now I need to go look :D

Well if you knew your Answer then why would you ask ?!?! ;)

I'm just wondering about th cometn above about moving here and The next few days or weeks getting a Residence licence ??!?! Who in F&G would say that ?

I agree with ya, Oscar. I thought it was to good to be true. Just makes logical sense to have to wait 6 months. Otherwise you could bounce from Idaho to Montana to Wyoming to Colorado and hunt all of them at a resident price. Wouldn't that be nice? ;)

BTW, don't mess with trying to beat the system on this. If you're caught it's not good, especially if you send anything through the mail. It's considered mail fraud and is a felony. A guy in CO was busted a few months back for same, not pretty.

Congrats on the move. Where you moving to? I forgot as you've been talking about it for a couple of years... ;)

I know that from experience , that you do not have to wait 6 months . I had a Idaho drivers liscense a job and was going to school , F&G said it was good enough and proved intent .
Maybe I missread but if you own a house here already get a drivers liscense and talk to F&G to make absolute sure .

I'm guessing nothing would be done if you didn't buy as licence in the state you came from. But if you did, TSK TSK. I know a couple guys that tried some Funny stuff. you might get away with it ....... but not for long.

In California your hunting license is good from July 1st to June 30th. So I still have a few months to go until this license expires. However say we move and get all situated in Idaho by July 4th, according to some of you I could go and get a resident tag and license because we have a house there and I would have my Idaho's drivers license. I guess the smart and most legal thing to do would be to ask the officers in the local Fish and Game station what is and what is not legal.

SageGhost said:
i got my licence after living in Idaho for a few weeks....i called fish and game and they said that i was a resident from the day i moved to idaho..
I had no problem, in fact i have my licence in my pocket, then again i was only away from this beautiful state for a year, i took idaho hunter safety in malad, idaho in 1992
so i am in the system.. moved back to idaho on 11/05/04 , bought new licence on jan 2nd , no problems what so ever, bring a bill with your idaho address, that makes you a resident from day 1...i know what the regs say, BUT it must not be inforced,MONEY TALKS !!!!!!!

I got my resident license within a few weeks maybe no longer then a month. Basically, you just get your drivers license the rest is a breeze. I can't remeber but I think I took in a bank statement addressed to my Idaho resident and a few other things to show proof of residency.

Just be sure that you are not claiming residency anywhere else or YOU WILL get caught as most states run comparisons( something like that ) , so if you plan on hunting or fishing Idaho as a resident you better not hunt or fish anywhere else as a resident .

residence

probably the same lady who stated that hunting licences and deer tags have not gone up in price in the last 10 years..I took Idaho hunter safety in 1992 in idaho , and have a p.o. box in notus,when i called F&G the lady i spoke to said i could buy one from day one.and when i went to shapels, all i needed to purchase a firearm was my arizona licence and my cell phone bill .i then took in my arizona CCw and got an Idaho CCw with no questions asked.

this has turned out to be a controversial topic...
I am just relaying my experience ,i dont mind if nobody believes me , i got my licence and have been out hunting.

Back