Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Collateral

This movie had it all...leaps of logic, great coincidences, and incredible irony.

I give it 3.5 out of 5 spikes. I enjoyed it but parts were stretching the story line. The first 2/3 of the movie was great. The last 1/3 was lacking.

Once he whacked the 2nd guy and made the comment about him being an attorney that was working against his "client" you pretty much new the outcome of the rest of the movie IMHO...kinda boring overall.

I thought first and foremost, the cinematography on this thing is awesome. L.A. never looked so good! The camera angles were just dead on beautiful. Micheal Mann is kinda wacko with his insistance on method acting to the extreme (he has even two line actors "know" where their character grew up :rolleyes: ) but his location scouts are top notch.

The character interaction was also very good. I am not a big fan of either of these lead actors but Cruise was very watchable in this and Foxx was a complete pleasant surprise. He is wasting his time doing comedy, he is obviously a dramatic actor. Mark Ruffalo is a new secret pleasure of mine. I would have loved to have seen him get more screen time. He is one of those actors who will likely never get very recognized but is just excellent at what he does. I have seen him play very diverse roles lately and excel in each of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back