2004 ND Rifle Buck

iminrut

OK....guys, you'll have to forgive me, but I'm at work right now and I wanted to get the pic up as soon as I could.......and a shortened version of the story.......I'll go into more detail later on, with more pics to come also....... ;)

Our rifle season closes this Sunday, and I was to start my first round of night shifts tonight.......with an unfilled tag, it left me with this afternoon and tomorrow morning as the only remaining opportunities to get out there and shift the luck in my favor.....

Well in the past two days, I've covered more miles on foot up and down draws than I can count......I'm guessing in the 15-20 mile range. My legs were so full of charley horses all night long, that i got little sleep........well my buddy stops over around dinner time today, to show me his monstrous 5x5 whitey.....kickers and stickers everywhere and tons of mass......it gave me the renewed energy to hit the thick stuff before I had to head to work....

I jumped this buck about 2 miles in....with one hurried shot as he hauled arse out of there, and he was down..............by the time I got pics done, field dressed him and spent the remaining hours manuevering my pickup through the trees and cutbanks for a reasonably close drag, it was time to head to work !!!! I'm still in my bloody clothes and boots :D Good thing my crew ain't squeemish.... :eek:

19" inside spread.....4x4 to go on the wall........the wife says "....I don't even need to ask, we're getting it mounted, right ??!!....." Yep...sure...ya betcha... hump

173902004RifleBuck-med.JPG

Great buck! I agree he kind of looks like a muledeer in the face. A unique trophy for sure, thanks for shareing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back