Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody have New Ideas for Salmon

Jack daniels brown sugar and butter. Baste and bake.:D not to hot as that stuff is flammable;) But man it sure is good. Flavor to your liking. WARNING: NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR WHAT MAY HAPPEN AFTER CONSUMPTION OF FISH OR BOTTLE OF JOHN DANIELS. ;) ;) hump

I covered it in garlic, wrapped bacon around it and grilled it once. Very well received.

Here's a different kind of way to cook salmon and tuna together.
Chop the salmon and tuna and blend together (about 15 oz. of salmon and 6 oz. of tuna)
Chop one medium size onion.
1 egg
Self-rising flour
Here's what you do:
Mix the salmon, tuna, egg and onion together. Add just enough self-rising flour to hold the mixture together. Shape into patties, such as round shape like a burger or shape it like a salmon. Then you pan fry until done. This is actually very tasty. The blend of salmon and tuna is good.
Only problem we have way down south here is, we have to purchase our salmon's in cans from the grocery store but this recipe should work good with fresh salmon too. If you try this one let me know how it turned out.
:)

I like to put fillets in tin foil, cover them with Lemon Pepper, put some dabs of butter on top and squeeze some lemon slices on the fillet then toss the slices in and wrap the tin foil around it. Grill on the BBQ over medium heat until the fillet seperates easily into flakes. Yummy Yummy!

The best way to prepare it, is by putting it on ice, and shipping it to me in Alaska. I will fix it to my liking and let you know how it was!

Seriously though...Bird Dawg's way is the way I usually cook it. Either that or put some teriyaki sauce on it and bake it in the oven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back