MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Potatoewhisperer and LawVegas

Mntman

Guys, here's my e-mail:
[email protected]

LawVegas, shoot me a note and when I am in your area I'll let you know. Lake mead would be fine. Do you fish at night? It's getting to be that time of year and should be slamming there soon.

Potatoe,
write me so I have your email.
I agree with the other posts, how about a friendly CPR fish day at your pond for all the AZ people?
I go up to the white mnts quite a lot and your welcome to come for a day or so and fish with me. If on the week-end, then my wife would tag along.
My boat is lent out right now to a friend who's at big lake. Don't know when I'll get it back though.
I am working Wed - Sun right now but can get a weekend off if needed if that is the only time you have.

Hey, no problem. We could have a heck of a "meeting" at the pond. There's a remada, grill for BBQ, fire pit...green grass, small row boats...it's really a neat little place. Lots of fish too!

Would love to go to the Wht Mtns...but can't until mid-June. Just started my potatoe season. I'll shoot you an e-mail now!

So P-Dub, you grow potatoes in AZ? How do they hold out through the summer? We have a garden with potatoes, but it seems they suffer come July/August. When I was in Ireland I had the chance to help a potato farmer plant his crop. It was very cool: potato cuts and pig manure . . . . A fetching combination!

That's the key...we have them all dug and out of the ground before it gets too hot. Otherwise they bake in the ground. That's why we work so friggen much. It's run and gun! We plant Dec thru first of Feb...harvest aril, may and first of June. We'll dig, pack and ship 750 acres of spuds in 6-8 weeks!

I'll bet the Ireland thing was cool. That would be something I'd like to see. I'm very interseted in seeing/learning how other people/countries farm. Different techniques etc. It's very interesting to me!

Well, the people with whom we hung were in the rural areas and usually ran smaller farms. We even helped one guy cut out turf from a bog for his fireplace. Very cool.

You should go to Ireland. You would love the experience.

Yeah...I watch the Travel Channel quite a bit, and it looks very beautiful. I'd like to see all the old castles and ruins. There's a few other places I'd like to go:
Eastern Europe, Russia, Japan, South Pacific, Australia... to name a few!

Sounds like you had a good time...

It was a blast. Now, since I am like the Elelphant's Child in more ways than simply my considerable bulk, I have to ask you a question: Why Potatoes? How long have you done it? What got you started? To be candid, I didn't even know we had potato farms in the Valley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back