I'm going fishing wifes going to this will be interesting

Delw

My wife is finnaly going to make it to one of our club tournaments. we are leaving in 1 hour barring any baby sitter cancelations. Hopefully I cant get her on some fish, she has never ever caught one(any fish for that matter). Hell I just found out she dont even have a fishing licence can you belive that she lives in a house with me and my daughter and has no fishing licence.......

Delw

Delw once she catches her 1st fish I'm sure she will go more often. I am lucky my wife does all the hunting and fishing her time allows. So keep encouraging her to go with you. There are too many good times to be had.

Del,
Good for you and April, I hope your babysitter worked out o.k.... I'm glad she is getting to go with you
Have fun both of you ;) Will be ready to hear all about it

sounds to me like you're opening up a new can of worms :D

Fishing has always been a family thing for us. Sometimes I don't even get a line in the water as some of my Grandkids are still pretty young.
Happy Fishing!!

ok I can tell you I think she had alot of fun she didnt catch a fish.

heres how it went

we get to the lake at 7pm enough time to fish for 45 mins to an hour befor the next days tournament. she parks the truck and I wait for her to get to the boat. she gets in put life jackets on then we head out. it was just a tad windy not more than 6" of chop on the water(perfect to run balls out at 76mph)
SO I buried the throttle and she kinda got scared asking to slow it down..... hmmm we didnt even get on plane or move more that 50 feet. so i backed it off and told here we had to get on plane hahahahaha.
I also explained to here that we wouldnt go over 25 mph until I put it in SECOND GEAR (good thing she didnt know much about boats)
so we take off and get to a spot right across the lake I managed to get it up to around 40 (yuk to slow waves beat you up at that speed).
When we got to the spot I told here in 10 cast i would have fish on. trying to cheer her up. put on a buzz bait and about the 7th cast fish on a a big one to probally about 6-7 lbs. she got pretty excited seeing them hit a buzz bait I didnt get one in the boat on it but had alot of strikes.....so we head to the ramp and meet up with the rest of the club.
we had a camping area reserved for the club and a big storm was coming in.so we chatted awhile and everyone headed to bed at 9 pm... what a bunch of wussies hehe. another member who i didnt know very well until that night( wow he is a big time hunter and has hunted all over the place (usa) taken elk, bears, moose, desert bighorn,dall ram, mountain goat,cariboo,etc...he dont have a pc or I would point him here)anyhonw he had a bottle of jack. ah what the heck it was early so we all had drinks lots of them. about 2 am everyone went to sleep. about 2:15 the storm blew 60mph winds and rained pretty hard for 20 mins . we all head for the inside of the trucks. after 20 mins we went back out to sleep on the boats for the night. WOW 4 am came early and I was pretty hung over so was april.
get to the ramp unload the boat pick up april. then the wind starts to blow and hard waves were still small about 1-2 feet high. safe light hits and we are off as long as i dont hit second gear we are ok at least thats what april said hehe.
I get to the place i fished the night befor
cast out a $1.00 spinner bait from walmart( i dont use the cheap ones but thought i would) 4-5 cast i had a 16 1/4 " fish april didnt want to fish just yet still nervious about the wind and boat. about 4 cast later i caught a 20" bass about 4 cast after that I nailed a 7+lber lost it and it broke my spinner bait. put on another one and the first cast i landed a 27" fish that went 4.55 lbs then about 40 mins later i caught a dink around 8 " then the bite died for us.
all the time april was real excited about me catching fish. she couldnt pick up the net fast enough. this lake has a slot limit in it from 13"-16" you cant keep more than one each.
so we went to another spot and fished caught one more that was 15 3/4" on a gold spinner bait. the wind died down and we went to the damn about 4-6 miles away. april fished for a while and got a few worm bites but couldnt set the hook. we took off to head up by weigh in cause we only had 45 mins left. and if she didnt like the boat ride it could have taken 1 hour to get back. on the way back i hammered the throttle and left the trimm down we hit about 56 and she didnt know it because i didnt hit that second gear lol
she finnaly figured out that the faster we were going the less the waves effected us, she eased up a bit on me for the speed..
at weigh-in we weighed in big fish of the tourney we lost some weight because it had died and so did another one so we ended up with around 11lbs. I was happy cause in this lake its hard to get fish over the slot. and almost everyone had fish over the slot to everyones suprise......

april had alot of fun and I did also she got out of the house for a while and did what we used to all the time befor we had kids.

For those who replied to my post and dont know me that well. I live to fish I fish alot sometimes as much as 4 times a week. my kids go all the time and (My oldest 11 year old girl) has been fishing club and pro tournaments with me since she was 8. she backs the boat off the trailer and puts it on the trailer. the kids and I do alot of hunting also my oldest has been hunting since she was 5 months old.. she is very good at calling in coyotes and has called in 2 bobcats since she been calling at the age of 6 years.
as far as hunting I dont get drawn very often here in az but april and I used to go archery hunting every year for the whole season (north kaibab) befor we had our second kid. then hutning dropped of with her because of the medical problems with my son..
I still go hunting and i take my daughter she loves archery hunting but its not the same as going with my wife so we dont go for as long maybe 4-6 days.

I know this is long but its the first time april and I have gone outdoors together in a long time.

yopper : she was suppose to be my partner but the new baby kind of put a stop to it lol
plus the fact the parents back out of baby sitting at the last moment. as in up to 6 hours befor we were to leave. So i just fished them alone till them.

Del,pretty funny.
I hope April gets another chance to go out fishing with you,and that she catches something.

she will probally go alot she had a good time. next month we have another tourney its a all night one(to hot in the day) she already said she was going. lb just needs to come down and babysit lol

I hope she never figures out the 2nd gear part she will kill me.

Delw

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back