Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tournament size??

DKO

how big are your average tournaments???(number of boats)?????

the governors cup tournamet trail i was fishing averaged about 200 boats per tournament and 1 tournament if the trail is the "wolfsons invitational" for the childrens hospital, last year we were boat number 406 and were in the third flight! we didnt leave the docks until 8:45.The leaders had their limit by 8:30. i personally will never fish a tourney that big again, it doesnt seem fair that some guys have a limit and your still sitting waiting to be let go!
here in fla. temp. is a big factor and getting to the fish during prime times is a key factor to placement!!!

delw, do you guys deal with this kinda stuff ????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO I have always prefered the late afternoon untill late evening tournaments.Most of the ones I fished had 50-150 boats.I used to fish a Tournament on the Buttler Chain on the thrid friday night of every month.There were usaully 25-45 boats.I never followed a ''trail'' I would fish any tournaments that I had time too fish.

DKO
our average club tourney's are 15-20 boats, but there is usually 2-3 clubs on the lake at the same time. some of the bigger tourneys that I have been in had 201 the first day and 150 the second the only problem was that the second day crowd also prefished the day we fished , plus the regular boat traffic, there was about 4-500 boats on the lake.
Most of the time I draw a high number always last flight to leave. I preferr it this way. Cause I usually go where noone else is.
I find better spots,and i would rather not fish in a crowd.

I know what you mean by the guys out first have there fish first. but generally you have the same amount of time.

The tourney I fished this weekend we launched right behind my partners dad and uncle(6 boats) we both headed for the same spot. they beat us and had a limit by the time we arived.they were doing close to 85mph. But like shane said I like to fish later than earlier. usually have better luck.

Keep on fishing them one of theses days you will take home a check. Its just a matter of time. How ever dont over look those spots that no one fishes.

Delw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back