Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

whats your best lure.

D

Delw

You know the one that always works?

After reading a reply by concerned hunter this popped into my head. he's right we always buy lots of stuff. but does it work?

here's mine:

the best all time i have is plastic worms and lizzards. I have 1000's of different colors and different sizes. but the one that work 99% of the time for me is a blue fleck 4" lizzard. I buy them by 100's
for cranks baits its a 1/4 oz chrome black back rattle trap.

Now I'm on the water at least 18 hours a week in the winter and 20-30 in the summer. Ive used everything but i always resort back to these 2 set-ups.

Delw

plastics for me too!! worms,lizzards and tube baits oh yea cant forget jerk worms!

also the "dalton special" because i use it for bass as well as redfish and seatrout.I use alot variations and color of this plug! i have good tip for anyone experiencing short strikes with top water plugs! lemme know if you have this problem??

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

I'm a hard-core walleye fisherman, so #1 would have to be a Northland Phelp's Floater.....

...... followed very closely by #2: a simple crawler harness.

------------------
indian.gif

VEGETARIAN: Indian word meaning 'Bad Hunter'

yoop, man im from the south and i dont have a clue as to what your refering to ????? im thinkin the floater is some kinda top-water plug??? and the crawler harness maybe a bottom or trolling rig????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Hey yooper let me in on your walleye catching secrets. I think those fish are harder to figure out than bass.Drives me nuts when I can't figure something out!

A 'Phelps Floater' (sometimes referred to as a gumdrop-jig) is nothing more than a small floating jig. It is about 1" long with a single shank pointing upwards that we bait with a crawler or leech. The jig is fished by drifting using a Lindy-rig set-up with about an 18-24" snell.

A 'crawler-harness' is about 1' long. It has several beads and a blade (my favorite size is #4 Colorado) followed by 3 single shanked hooks spaced about 1 1/2" apart. You hook the worm in the head and the other two hooks attach farther down the body so the worm is stretched out and about 2" of the tail is left dangling. Looks kinda like this: --<--J-J-J

This can be both drifted and trolled. I primarily use this with a 3 oz. bottom-bouncer in the shipping channel, and trust me: Its deadly.
smile.gif

------------------
indian.gif

VEGETARIAN: Indian word meaning 'Bad Hunter'

My best lures have to be Plastics. Bloodline and tequila sunrise rank among the top worms. Next is the blue and black jig.

These are my best producing baits.

------------------
woodchopper.gif

Yep Yoop! Ya Know dere in Minneesoda we refer to your rig set-ups as a version of the Lindy rig! Works well for all types of fish especially the wallys we got in the Land of 10,000 lakes. A Quick change of the blade size or color, size of "float", piece of lunch meat or whatever............
DYNAMITE RIG! nice choice, it's mine as well
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice