PEAX Equipment

Crappie Fishing

C

concerned hunter

I am a big crappie nut and there is a pond by my house that you can go and catch 60 to 70 crappie in a short amount of time. The main thing is that thewre are crappie in there that weigh 21/2 to 3 lbs. I have one mounted that I caught that is 17 1/2 inches long. Anyone else have hot spots like this?

Used to but they all got fished out. I love the crappie. There are some fair spots here but not many big ones. I caught one in Banks Lake in 1990 that weighed 3 lbs and 17 inches long. Wishe I would have had that one mounted.

Crappie make great tablefare also. I rank them right up there as one of my favorites along with walleye and yellow perch.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Az is the spot for crappie. we have quite a few lakes here that you can catch a hundred or so a night. I love crappie fishing. mainly for the kids they can catch fish and lots of them.

Delw

Oh yea!Little Blue River.There is a fish hatchery about a mile or two from my house.It has been there around 15 years.Every spring Little Blue floods the hatchery.I think you guys see where I am going with this.That stretch of Little blue is stocked to the gills.(pun intended)Channel cat,bass,crappie,and hybrid bluegill.There are even some Japanese Koi in it.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

oh yea we got a few hot spot for crappie!
heres a tip i learned for catching huge crappie!!!
troll the largest beattle spin you can find tipped with a small hatchery shiner around the lake slowly in the evening!!!! right at dark!!
i dont know why it works but it does, and i havent had the same results in the morning and i havent yet figured that out either,anyway try it!!!! you may be surprised! good luck
biggrin.gif

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Well the 10 to 12 inches of ice is melting so now i have to wait for it to thaw but with the temps in the 40's to 50's this week,I might be out next weekend. I did manage to catch a small walleye at the spillway last night but that was the only one caught. I've got the fever!

I have just one question? what is a Crappie? Aren't ya'll Talking about Sacalait or White Perch?

J/K theyare all the same fish.

here in LA they are usuallu call sacalait or slabs.

------------------
woodchopper.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back