Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wanted, youth 410

T Bone

Looking for a Youth sized 410 shotgun in safe, good condition. New or used.

Single shot or repeater.

Here's a link to GunsAmerica. Do a quick search for .410 and it pulls back a lot of guns...most pretty spendy but there are some good single shots and one I saw had barrels for a .410 and .22 long rifle. I have never dealt with FFL dealers so maybe someone else can elaborate on the specifics. You might even find a good used gun at pawn shops too. I wish I could find a good .410 just for grouse.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/

Wilecoyote76

T-Bone, Cabelas sells a Rossie single shot 410 with either a 22 or a 17 caliber barrel. 149 bucks. I bought one for my 9 year old daughter this christmas. The 22 shoots great I kinda like the little gun.

Seldom and Gar,

Do the NEF and Rossi switch barrels without sending it in to factory or with out special tools?

I'm thinking that may be the way to go for my 7 year old.

tyson, dont get the rossi. i bought one and it wouldnt eject 22 shells at all and after about 3 shots it wouldnt eject the 410. the NEF is a decent gun, the interchangeables are simple usually a sling swivel is all that holds them in. mossberg makes a pump for around 180 bucks with a synthetic stock. i have one of those and my kids like shooting it. it takes the fun out of it when you have to push a stick through the barrel everytime you shoot to get the shell out.

tnctcb, did the factory take care of the gun for you? you got me worrying now. We have shot a couple of hundred rounds out of the 22 and 2 boxes out of the 410 with no problems. I hope this doesnt go to shit.

NEF is the way to go with youth guns I think.No special tools required,so far my grandson and his dad are tickled to death with the gun.They make a nice first deer rifle package for kids too.

Thanks for the replies folks. Tim, I have located a Mossberg Bantam in 410. It looks to be a great gun, but I have a left handed son. The shells will be ejecting right in front of his eyes. I don't want him to develop any bad habits. That leaves me with a break action gun or a bottom eject pump like the browning or ithaca.

I'm leaning toward the NEF 22/410 versapack right now.

gar man, they did not do anything for me, they are imported by the corp that owns taurus at at the same time i had a minor problem with my taurus 9mm and they were honoring their lifetime warranty but screwing up every time so i was afraid to send my kids gun to them for fear it may never get fixed until they were to big for it so i got something else instead. tyson browning does make a youth model of the BPS called a micro, its a really nice gun.you will pay for a browning, but then again its a browning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back