Caribou Gear Tarp

Leupold and Weaver Scopes

taz1001

Decided to trim my scope collection. I'll take any resonable offers.

Leupold 2-7 Compact, like new in box, an excellent scope for lightweight rifles. $200 or best offer.

Weaver 4x Micro-trac, wide view television style ocular, steel construction. Appears to be a very good scope. Don't know much about this scope. I got it on a rifle trade. $75 or best offer.

There are no II or III's in the compact scope line.

Cabelas has this scope listed at $319.99 and the cheapest new one I have found was $278.00. So it sounds like a good deal
wink.gif

Thanks, Flipper. I've been out of town for a couple of days and didn't see the post.

The compact scope line is roughly equivalent to the VX-II line, but in a more compact package. This scope was briefly mounted on a 35 Whelen and helped account for a cow elk in dark timber just before sunset, on a cloudy day in two feet of snow, both ways. Heard that before? Actually, it was more like 1 foot of snow and on a cliff. My point is that the compact line, despite its smaller size, is the optical equal of its stable mate's in typical hunting conditions. I've yet to find a scope that works in the dark and yet to find a need for one. My hunting ethics and state regulations dictate the appropriate lighting conditions.

I have 2 other Leupold compact scopes and love them. A pending lay-off dictates a little safe cleaning at this time.

Thanks for your interest.

By the way, the 2-7 compact was matte finished a couple of years ago. That cost me about $80. I don't like shiny things as part of my elk hunting rig.

i have a 2-7 compact on my sons 7-08 and it is just as clear and draws as much light as my vx-II.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back