Optiks for Sale

danr55

A while back, some of you may recall that I talked about some new binoculars from a German manufacturer, Seeadler Optik, that I had run on to. I was going to try them a let everyone know how they worked. Well, I'm here to tell you they are great. I would be lying if I told you that their claim to be as good as Szwarozski's was true. They aren't as bright at pre-dawn as the S brand, but they are as clear at sun-up and all during the day. They also cost a lot less and are a lot lighter to carry. They weight about 11 oz. in 10x42 or 8x42. Now, this same company also makes a compact spotting scope. 20X50, it's 11 inches long and weighs less than a pound. It is great for packing. I can make a deal for 1 pair of binos (either size) and 1 spotting scope for $445.00 plus shipping if I can get 5 sets sold. If not, the binos are $255.00 each, that's about half price, and the scopes are $250.00 ea. Anyone that's interested, please drop me an email as soon as possible. I would like to get another pair of binos. I have a partner that would like to get a spotting scope. So we need 4 more of each or 4 sets of scope and binos. Check them out at http://www.seeadler-optik-us.com/

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

[This message has been edited by danr55 (edited 01-10-2001).]

Dan,while Im not looking for any Bino's I do have a question for you or anyone that uses these.Do you guy's use your Binoculars with a tripod? I know most of you use a spotting scope and bino's .The reason Im asking is because Im getting ready to try to market a product that Steve has made.It's an adapter that allows you to mount most Binoculars on a tripod.It does not fit all at this time but that is in the works.He started this as something for our own use as we couldnt find anything that suited us that was light weight and a quick release.He is now working on a quick release thet works on the spotting scope as well.We do lots of glassing and found that when trying to pick a place apart and really look under brush that the spotting scope gives eye strain.So we use our Bino's and then like to switch to the spotting scope quickly if we are needing to get a better look,Really count point's or whatever.Antone that may be interested or needing more info please email me.Also be watching Huntandlodge as we are hoping to be getting a web site up soon.These are professionaly made out of Black Anodized Aluminum.I am hoping to get pictures up as soon as we learn how.These would go great with Dan's bino's that he wants to sell.Dan sorry for butting in on your post here.I wasnt sure where to put this.Let me know if I mess up Ill move it.
smile.gif

------------------
Debbie

That's OK Deb. Sounds like good deal. I'd be interested in seeing more. Personally, I prefer to use 15X60 binos for everything. I do use a tripod when I use the big guys. If I am hiking into an area that looks like I may be gone a while, I carry the little Seeadler spotting scope.

------------------

Deb.
I like the bino's on a tripod but thats only if the truck is close and I'm just glassing the area mainly for bear.
I built a holder to hold 2 spotting scopes together for a guy in az that hunts muley's all over the western usa. He liked it I was soso with it.
I belive he could have done better by buying a pair of "doctors" they are already mounted together and have replaceable eye pcs.

Delw

Delw,We hike back pretty far most of the time and like to glass,we take a light weight tripod and use smaller bino's,we both are using swarovski 8x30.This make's it easer to carry a long way and then when put on a really steady rest like a tripod it makes a heck of a difference.I could never carry the bigger ones for so long, and at one time I went with a small pocket pair and I hated them.Easy to carry just didn't work out for whenI was glassing real good. Now keep in mind Im past 40 and my eye's sure arent what they used to be(come to think about nothing is LOL)Thank you for the input that's what im needing to hear.

------------------
Debbie

I have four in and need one more to have the required five. Some one out there must need a good pair of binos at a reasonable price.
cool.gif

------------------

Back