PEAX Equipment

Fla : Pronghorn

Gunner46

I need a 'Lope, Goat, Pronghorn, ya know, one of them fast little Bas***ds!!!

$$ are tight. Can any of y'all help me out?

I'll swap a place to crash in Fla for a few days (today is 1/3/04 and 79 with sunny skies, think about it), a Gulf fishing trip on my boat, and possibly a boar hunt.

Let's talk.

Neo-Gunner,

Antelope is a pretty easy do-it-yourself, if you don't care about a "book" animal. The tags aren't that hard to draw, most Fish and Game departments will help direct you to the right area to apply, (considering access), and the hunting is pretty easy.

Idaho is a lousy Antelope state, in my opinion, but I think you can draw a tag for a buck with about 50% chance of drawing each year. Success in killing should be about 60% per day, so in two days, you should have one whacked. I think if you applied for MT, WY, CO, and maybe Idaho, you would have your tag, in one year. No need to pay outfitter fees.

Camping during speedgoat season is pretty friendly, since it is Septemeber and early October. You can sleep in the back of a car, eat at diners, and not even have a rough trip.

I am not sure exactly what you were looking for on a 'lope hunt, I think Feclnogn was posting information on New Mexico with $2500- 4,000 guided hunts on ranches. If you want a Public Lands hunt, and you just want a "representative" animal, then DIY is a fun way to do it. Just a little research required, but that will be half the fun, and then come out West, and spend a few days.

I've killed them in two states (Idaho and Wyoming), and I just kind of think they help pass the time after Alaska is done, and before Idaho Mulie/Elk starts firing up.

Good luck.

'Gunner

gunner if you want to do a do it yourself let me know and ill split expenses with you if you need a partner. im planning on an antelope hunt this coming fall somewhere

You can forget applying to CO if you want a tag this year. There may be a unit or two in the eastern part of the state that you would have a chance of drawing with no preference points, but those units are entirely private property.

Oak

Okay Gunner... that's a good idea... when is your travel dates? Let's get a group from Florida and just go do it. I put in for tags in Oregon last year nad got nadda. Will put in again this year and see what I draw but maybe nothing again. That means that nest year I might try a dif State. The speedgoat ag in Oregon was pricey so I may look around in the other States and choose based on 3 criteria 1) quantity of animals, 2) ease of drawing a tag & 3) cot of tag/out of state license.

If you can wait until fall 2005 I think we could all go together.

I was just thinking... you might want to wait until after the February hog hunt, after you get to meet me... just in case we don't like each other
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Montana Antelope Hunting. Here is an example of a typical antelope from Eastern Montana. If anyone draws a tag in the region 6 I would be willing to assist in any way I could. Including access.
089906.jpg
089918.jpg

Nemont

Nemont, I'll E-mail ya soon.

Smitty, How much beer did you say you were bringing?????????????????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back