Looking for moose hunting partner

schmalts

I would like to do a moose hunt in the lower 48 and would be willing to start applying in a different state with a partner.(if allowed) I would like a partner since packing one out alone sucks! Any state would be fine, but would prefere archery but thats just a preference. I have been applying for Utah for a few years but i want to do that one alone as i have a friend that lives there that will help out, but the odds of drawing are slim to none.
frown.gif
PM me if interetsed

Schmalts, Try Idaho. I will not be interested in Putting in with you, BUT I would be interested in showing you were one or two are at and packing one out with ya
smile.gif
And it would only cost you nothing... Can't beat that deal eh
wink.gif

Email me and I'll tell you the Specifics. Too late for this year but you can try next year.

Im putting in in Utah as well. If you draw before I do, let me know and I'll help you pack it out when you kill it!

SCOTT

There are a couple states in the Northeast that give 'partner' tags; (one license for two hunters) Maine and New Hampshire. They also give preference points, like Montana, Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. Just start putting in for all of them, cause odds are LOW for good units in all states, and worry about the help when you draw the tag!
ps. in the northeast, the drawing fee and the license are both pretty cheap... shhh...

justdada,
odds for moose (non-residents) in Idaho are as low as 1in2 for some units. Some of the best odds in the west.

My buddy and I are going to put in for that partner tag in Maine. He explained the set up to me and it seems like a great deal. 2 guns...both of you hunt on one tag. Obviously one is enough meat for both. The applications come out in January. Both us will apply and if one draws, the other other can buy That tag. We already requested the apps.

Cheers
Roadtrip

I dont think i would do a partner tag myself at this point as i dont have much vacation time. If i had a lot of vacation i wouldnt mind doing a hunt knowing it may end early if my buddy killed one but at this time i wouldnt.
I may just bite the bullet here soon and do a BC or Newfoundland hunt. The only thing that sucks about newfoundland is the size quality stinks. The average is the mid 30's and a 45 incher is a total monster. But then again the price is right.

schmalts

i am looking to moose hunt in NF. in 2007. a taxidermist put me on to this outfitter. he was 100% the last few years and they get 30"-40" bulls. it would be a moose/ caribou hunt for me and a friend. and there could be 3 of use going. not sure what you are looking to spend but 7 day hunt sat. to sat. and 1on1 guide all food, lodging included. moose only $3400.00 through the taxidermist. and $4400.00 for the combo. i look at it this way i can't wait 15-20 years to go moose hunting. and i live in wyoming! if you are interested let me know, if not i will let you know how we do! :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back