Caribou Gear Tarp

BB Kooks; err Cooks; Paws needs a hand!! "HELP!!!

P

pawclaws

You might have noticed part ofmy peddigree reads "Founder Ohio Camp Cooks." Well that is my baby. I'm trying to put together a thing that will preserve and continue sharing historical food gathering, preparation, and presentation techniques for our heirs. We will be opening our doors on 14 May at Salt Fork Reserve in Ohio. My motves is this; to get as many folk together from the hunting, fishing, reenacting, cooking, camping, etc outdoors disciplines as possible to have a good time and just enjoy themselves for a couple of days. My problem is in terms of organizational presentation format. Let me have your input. For purposes of presentation and competitions do you think the divisions would be better "functional." That is Dutch Oven Cooking, Fishing Skills, Fire building Skills, etc or "Temporal" for example; Native American craft, Mountain Man craft, Pioneer Craft, Settler Craft, Civil War Craft, etc. I hope to have static displays complete with reenactors demonstrating vintage skills and providing oral history as well as some cooking demonstrations and hopefully some competitions. Stuff like that. What ya think??
biggrin.gif

Oh Dutch oven cooking will be s function all to it's own. I hope to qualify this thing as an IDOS chapter in compliance with their rules as well. If that works Dutch oven cooking will become a mainstay of Ohio Camp Cooks.

Paws, What are the qualifications needed to become a member of Ohio Camp Cooks? I hope to be at the Oh GT!

Just have an interest my man. There will be no dues nor membership fees. Contests and competitions may have a "divvy up" registration fee to pay for prizes and that's about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back