2 cups potatoes, mashed
1 onion, chopped
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 tsp.salt
1 tsp.sage
1/2 tsp.poultry seasoning
pepper to taste
1/4 cup bacon drippings
Drain and rinse. combine ingredients in a large bowl. add a little water if to dry. place raccoon pieces on 1/2 of the shallow backing dish. dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. spread the dressing on remaining half of the baking dish cover with aluminum foil.. bake at 350 for 60 to 90 minutes.

I don't know if they would be to bad...They wash every thing and really don't eat any thing bad....HHHMMMMmmmmm

That sounds pretty good Doris.Racoons are always next to the road squished around here so maybe I'll start carrying a shovel in the truck with me :eek: :D :D

For those of you contemplating Raccoon I can tell you i have had it prepared similar to the above recipe. I recal it tasted like dark meat turkey.

BUT you should remove as much fat as possible before coking.

It really is good meat.

How about opossum? My dad told me they used to catch them by their tails and put them in a cage and fatten them up on potaoes and such, then they were good.

Roadkills probably cook up best, they already got the grease and other chit mashed out of 'em. Bob [a southern boy, but still don't eat coons and possums!!]

Back