good recipes for elk jerky? You know I have
so much meat from the monster spike that
I almost had to rent out a meat locker! hehe
Anyhooo, Give a me clue on how to make this
stuff if you would.Thanks bud!

------------------
owl176x171.jpg

Spotted Owl
Try the Hi Mountain Jerky Cure and Seasoning Kit. All you have to do is add the meat (cut 1/4 inch thick) The rest is easy. They give you the ingredients and how much to use for the amount of meat you have. All you have to do is cut the meat and get out the dehydrator. They have several different flavors (hickory,pepper, bourbon bbq and even for wild turkey and goose). They are found in your local supermarket either by the prime cut and seafood counter or in the spice area.

------------------

Happy Hunting
Lady Hunter in AZ

I thought I was going to have a good recipe but I was wrong. Here is what it was. Now mind you that I love things hot. I cut some elk into thin strips and marinated them in a bowl full of hot sauce for 24 hours. Then I put cayenne pepper on them and put them on the smoker until there was just a little bit of moisture left in them. Now for the test, and I tried one. It near bout burnt my tongue, throat and stomach. When I hit the men's room is when it really got hot. Although when I gave it to some of my friends that also like heat, it was rather amusing.

------------------
Elk Hunting 101: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
www.jacksonholewyoming.net/elk

Back