PEAX Equipment

Halleuleujah!!!

D

Dick Reece

We got Udai and Qudai[sp?] ain't it great??!!??

Put that in your pipe and smoke it,Hussein!

I'll bet the ambushes on our guys over there will fade away at a rapid pace now!!

The sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons and daughters!!!!!!!

Just food for thought, or something to chew on...

How do you feel about the 14 year old grand kid getting killed? Besides it being a "collateral damage" kill, does a 14 year old deserve the death sentance for his parent's actions? Would you advocate it in the US, in cases of execution by the States?

The two brothers getting killed was fine, but the kid kind of made me stop, and pause.

Anyway, just a thought....

Peace.

One more of our soliders getting killed is one too many. If a most wanted is in the building I say hit it hard.
Doug

SG,I understand what you're saying,and it is unfortunate,but so were the 300 that died September 11th,and the 300,000 that Saddam slaughtered in his own country.I'll bet the kid was pulling a trigger,and he knew the conseqeunces of his actions.

SalmonGunner......Believe me buddy, 1000 of those ragheads over there is not worth one good old American Boy.....Kill all the Bastards and let Allah sort them out!
mad.gif

Doug,

I understand it as "collateral damage", and if the kid was in the building, too bad as that was what was required for the mission. And I understand not passing the assasination attempt due to having the kid around.

But, would you go hunt the kid down by himself, and assasinate him, due to his dad's actions? If he was 12? If he was 8? If he was 2?

SeldomEver,
I agree completely, all those lives lost were a tragedy, at least to the ones who loved them. I can't speculate what actions the 14 year old kid did or didn't do, but of the 14 year old kids I know, many of them are not aware enough of their actions to be responsible with Lunch Money at school.

If you did something bad, would you think it is ok for the Police to take it out on your Grandkid?

Whitedeer,
I have a bit of trouble with the wide paint brush. I can understand your feelings toward the Baath Party, the Fajadeen, the Republican Guard, etc.. But I don't know if it makes sense to take it to the children.

All,
Again, when I read the article, and all the hoopla celebrating it, for some reason, the 14 year old kid just kind of felt funny. Maybe it is just the Dad in me, but something just felt funny.

Oh well, the deed is done.

Peace.

People all the time like to play on emotions to get there point across. It dont make any difference if its war or peace time... Look at the gun ban crowd, they use kids for thier statistics...

Most people probally didnt think twice about it cause its wartime and the situation in iraq( I didnt until it was mentioned by the news than in here).

If its American lives to be saved then oh well shit happens we come first..... its done and over with, nothing we can do about it now...

As far as the future keep it going like it is, dont risk American lives trying to figure out a way to protect others( i will leave it at that)..
Delw

I wouldn't hunt down a kid for my government unless they could prove to me he'd done something very criminal.As to him being a product of his environment and therefore his actions were not really his own,which is actually what we're talking about here,hogwash!

All of us,no matter where we are reared or how we are taught,have an inate sense of right and wrong.If he was pulling a trigger,let him have it.If I were a cop that was fully aware of Patty Hearst's kidnapping at the time it all happened,and she was raising it towards me,I'd shoot her as fast as I could.We all make choices.This kid could've run to surrender during the heated battle,or shot both his uncles and been home free,if he didn't want to be there.Sometimes it's a blessing just being born where you were born.Makes me darn grateful I'm an American and I don't live in Idaho
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
!!

We're not too far from Fort Campbell and our news department went down there to get a reaction from the members of the 101st Airborne who had recently returned home. I think they were kind of hoping to get some sort of negative reaction, but to their surprise they got just the opposite: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>FORT CAMPBELL, KY- Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division, along with Special Ops Forces carried out the raid in Mosul, a city in northern Iraq. DNA tests confirm Saddam Hussein's sons Odai and Qusai died in the attack. The 101st is stationed out of Fort Cambell, Kentucky, about an hour and a half south of Evansville. Stephen Manley, a Deputy for Medical Operations with the 101st, says he just returned from Iraq and the memories are still fresh in his mind: torture chambers, mass murders, killing women and children. Manley says "In our particular area, dealing with medical care in Mosul, it's hard to convey just how bad these guys are, Odai, Qusai, and Saddam. They're evil." Manley and other folks on the base tell NEWS 25 the tough training the Screaming Eagles endure prepares them for fire fights like the one in Mosul. Fort Campbell spokesperson Kelly Tyler says "In times like this the training really pays off." Tyler says those still on base are very proud of their comrades 6 thousand miles away and she says this triumph adds validity to their cause. "They know they are there for a reason. I think this adds validity for folks who would question why we're still deployed. We need to be there." Tyler says the 200 troops involved in the fire fight that killed Saddam's sons were deployed in February with the rest of the 101st Airborn. Tyler says there's no way to tell when they will come home.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought that might help give some small insight into things from their perspective. Elkgunner, in my heart I feel you're right about the 14-year-old, but I also agree that it had to be done. It's a shame that it had to happen, but the opportunity was too great. It's too bad that his father would knowingly keep him in harm's way like that; on his shoulders lay the blame. Walking dead men don't surround themselves with children.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Walking dead men don't surround themselves with children. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if they are any kind of man at all,cowards do this sort of thing.

Come on now, you bleeding hearts. Both Qusai and Odai were ruthless sons of bitches and ordinary Iraqis are glad to have them and their seed gone forever. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." And just as Qusai had been groomed as the heir apparent, so was he grooming his son Mustafa. Make no mistake.....Mustafa was no child....he was just as twisted as the rest of them. And instead of asking mercy on his soul, may he rot for ever in the fires of hell!
mad.gif

I have to believe that there is a marked difference between a solitary crime committed by a father and the systematic, organized, slaughter that has been conducted by an entire family. Everyone failed to mention that all of the leaders of this regime were related by marriage or by blood. With few exceptions, all of Saddam's underlings were cousins or inlaws.. Below them were people from the same "village".. and below them were people from the same "tribe". This was the premeditated reduction of an entire people for the convenience of a few. Saddam's sons were as bad as or worse than he was and there is no reason to believe the grandkid would have been any different. I have no sympathy for any of Saddam's family, any of the Baathists or any of the "Tikriti" clan. They can all burn in whatever hell they believe in...

Next time, I'll try to be more susinct...

cool.gif

From what I've read this morning on the subject the kid was the last one standing and shooting, Nits grow into lice. True he was a product of his enviroment but I don't belive it matters. They are all a bunch of inbread fanatics and there ain't 1000 of them worth 1 american, Fug em.

I too have to admit that I stopped smiling with glee when I heard about the kid. It's too bad that he had to die. I would hate to think that someone would kill my children because they were fighting with my husband.

Apparently this kid traveled with his father every where. Not only as a kid tagging along, but also as an understudy. Much in the same way that Uday and Qusay did with Saddam when they were little. I'm not sure that I could say the kid deserved what he got, but I can't help but wonder if it was preventitive medicine?! Does the world really need a 2nd or 3rd generation madman running the country. The idea of a 14 year old leader may seem absurd, but King Tut was 12 when he took the throne. Just my thoughts. I have no pity for the sons, but I did say a pray tonight that the little boy is taken care of on the other side.

Love, Raven

salmon gunner...

I have kids to

but

you have to remember those people are fugging nuts they hide behind kids and women and they use kids and women to do bad things as well.... So this crap will happen....
Maybe I dont have feelings but I didnt think twice about it when I saw it on the news...

this is a touchy subject and can be taken wrong....
I think you understand what I mean though
Delw

Del,
Yeah I know what you mean. I wish the media had kept that lil tidbit to themselves. The last thing this country needs right now is a bunch of fanatical anti-war mornon running around calling the Armed forces baby killers like they did during the vietnam war. I doubt this kid's demise was intentional, but more than likely unavoidable. You do have a heart, don't worry, your heart is in your country's best interest and there's nothing wrong with that!
Love, Raven

Before i post this let it be known that all of you are going to be pissed at me for a while.

First off, i don't support the troops in iraq, or anywhere else in the world, you guys can all call me a tree hugger on this subject if it makes you feel better about yourselvs but, i do not see violence as an answer.

Second, sadaam is yes a twisted bastard and his sons were just the same, his grandkid was 14 no reason he should have been killed(here comes the hippie comment)the army are murders in that aspect of my mind, but sadaam would have had no problem with the united states had George W.'s dad not gone and fugged it all up, hell the united states put sadaam into power, he was one of our alies until 91.

And 3rd just to point out i am a punk, not a hippie, this is why i don't support war, it is in my belief system, but now that you are all pissed off at me, i have to say good fuggin' riddense on sadaams sons being killed. But the 14 year old boy didn't deserve to die like the pigs of his family.

now start the angry comments

P.S. Del made me change this so the full affect isn't really here anylonger (puss)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-24-2003 00:08: Message edited by: Mini Moose ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back