She's Going to Cal.

Hunterman

Oue youngest daughter,Lindsey(Orca Lover)was picked as 1 of 20 students in her Upward Bound program to go to Califorina this summer to tour a couple collages
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
There goes my $400 tax check
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

Hope she sees enough of the California colleges to be able to make a proper decision (like don't go to school in California
mad.gif
).
wink.gif
Congratulations to her!

THat's a great trip for a week or so, but it would be a terrible thing to behold... Sending a nice girl and a good hunter off to school in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and having tofu eating, bleeding heart liberal come home. How does she feel about a school like Idaho State University or U of Montana or even Arizona State University??

cool.gif

They can hold their own. My girls often got in debates in class with both students and professors. They were often and easily able to point out the contradictions, such as maligning hunting while stuffing your face with a ham sandwich - "At least I am able and honest enough to kill my own pork..." and demonstrate the proper way to unload or handle small arms to skeptical "experts" like veterans and police reservists...
rolleyes.gif
They were raised here, and can shoot, hunt, drive a 4x4 and back a boat trailer down a ramp.

There are lots of bad things about California, but their University, College, and Community College systems are not the problems.

The UC system has an awesome reputation from most of their campuses, the Cal-State system is an incredible "buy for the money", and the CC system allows every kid a chance to go to college.

They may be bankrupt as a state, but hopefully they hold on to their Secondary Education systems.

And some of the private schools,.... well,... let's just say the tax refund check ain't gonna pay for all the books....

Congrats to the Daughter....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back