Caribou Gear

Az draw results..

Funter

should be out this week according to G&F.That is what the draw supervisor told the girls at the front counter at the Greenway office.

The AZG&F site says that the results will be available July 23rd.

You got me excited, so I had to check!

My wife works the front counter on greenway.She said that theey need to finalize it then they will post them.She was also told that the results will no longer be released on a friday,from now on it will be a thursday or monday for some reason no explained to her.I will get more info tonight.

I just spoke to her,she said they were shoooting for 5 tonight but dont think they made it.

Tim

Not yet. She said they will have to shut the system down to load it so hopefully tomorrow.If you guys are as impaitent as I am the suspence is killing you.All the licenses have been issued so the draw is done.You could check your credit card to see if the charge went through for your tag.

I'm not picking on him...I just think we ought to get the best man for the job.
hump.gif

You know our DYKE govenor is loving this one, wanna bet she steps in. think how much money she can pull in.
she already locked game and fishes general fund. she says if she cant have the money neither can they.
At this point maybe they should just say NO MORE out of state outfitters or guides and end it there. that woud cure the problem right there. while it would hurt the local guides it would definatly get the asshole from USO where it counts.
Delw

I just got this email from the company who handles the draw for az. [email protected]

July 15, 2004

Court ruling will affect fall draw for elk and deer

A decision by a federal judge will affect impending fall hunt draw results for Arizona's elk and deer hunters.

U.S. District Judge Robert Broomfield, in a ruling issued July 13 in the case of Montoya vs. Shroufe, declared Arizona's 10 percent cap on nonresident hunt-permit tags unconstitutional. Broomfield also ordered the state to refrain from enforcing the cap.

Because the cap plays a role in the drawing system used to determine which hunters will receive a permit to hunt bull elk and antlered deer north of the Colorado River, the judge's ruling forces the Game and Fish Commission to find a method to distribute this year's fall hunt permits in a way that won't discriminate against out-of-state hunters.

The commission will consider its options in a special telephone meeting to be held Friday, July 16, noon, at the Wildlife Building on the Arizona State Fairgrounds. At the meeting, the commission will be briefed on the options and is expected to vote to direct the department how to proceed. The Wildlife Building is located at 1826 W. McDowell Rd.; members of the public who wish to attend the meeting are advised to avoid construction by entering the gate at 19th Avenue and Encanto.

Hunters applying for permits to hunt bighorn sheep, buffalo, antelope, turkey and javelina are not affected by this ruling.

Montoya vs. Shroufe began in 2000, when Lawrence Montoya, a self-described professional hunter from New Mexico who also runs a guide service, sued the Game and Fish Department claiming that Commission Rule 12-4-114E, which established the 10 percent cap on nonresident hunt permits, violated the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

In yesterday's ruling, Judge Broomfield agreed and ordered the department to immediately stop using or enforcing the 10 percent cap.

The department will keep hunters informed by posting news about the fall draw on its Web site, azgfd.com.
its pretty much what all the others say
Delw

Just another day in the life of an Arizona hunter! Before we used to at least have the dream of drawing a tag, now..........

I remember waaaaay back in 03 when a man had a fighting chance to draw an Elk tag. Now with all the Kalifonication and Lesbian politics, the only hunting we'll have is at the ballot box, but of course the residents will be outvoted by the illegals.

Stay tuned. It can only get better! :mad: God help us all!

Just wanted to put my $.02 here.
If you don't like the way something is change it!
Don't bitch here, go attend the meeting and make your voice heard there!
Do it in a large enough group and let the judge, gov, and G&F know what you think and quit whinning about it!
that's all from this neck of the woods.
Please express my displeasure while your there. I can only do it by emails now and going to try and spam the heck out of them on this issue.
Bye, Allen-formally of AZ, now of Missouri.

Back