Reloading Equipment

1_pointer

I am going to start reloading for my .338, it eats up a good chunk of money at the range. What type of equipment do you knowledgable sages suggest that I get?? I have looked at a few of the starter kits and they look like they might fit the bill, but what brand? Also, is there anyplace to get good used reloading stuff?? Does anyone hear wanna get rid of some stuff?? Thanks for the help.

IMHO you won't go wrong with RCBS..watch the classified ads,I've gotten lots of good buys there....Happy Loading

I have Lyman, RCBS, and CH and they all seem to load quality ammo. If you go with a kit, I would suggest getting one that includes a case trimmer. I don't have any experience with the .338 but I do load for about 30 different calibers including a .308 Norma Mag. and if the .338 is anything like the .308 Norma, the trimmer will come in handy. You should also see improved accuracy with uniform case length.

1pointer, I knew you'd do it!!!! (Get started reloading). And before I forget it..congratulations on your upcomming wedding. If I wasn't so busy this weekend I'd come over and kiss the bride and eat some of your wedding cake.

I am partial to lyman and RCBS componets.

As far as reloading kits, The last time I was on Natchez Shooter supply site they had the RCBS Rockchucker kit complete, (which is about 80% of what you should have) for a steal of $219.00; most places are over 270.00 for that kit. www.natchezs.com I believe is their address.
Now if you really want a deal in some stuff e mail MLM on this board and ask him what all he would like to part with; I'll tell him about your post and you're only 3 hrs away if ya want to pick it up.
;)WD

I often check E-Bay for reloading equuipment. You can get some older used equipment very cheap to see how you like reloading, then if bitten by the bug and you go all out for top of the line new stuff, you can still use your old press for other reloading chores on your bench.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back