Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any handgun loaders here?

Calif. Hunter

I am starting to get into PPC-type handgun shooting once a month. I am loading .45 acp with 5 gr of Titegroup and a 200 gr FP lead bullet. It's kind of fun, with different scenarios dreamed up by the President of the "No-Name Pistol Club" each month. This weekend we have swinging bad-guy silhouettes behind hostage targets at different ranges, plus a "mystery" match involving handgun, rifle and shotgun courses. It should be fun! Since it's a mystery match, I'm bringing my "tactical" rifle, a Ruger Ranch rifle, my Python (in case the handgun portion is longer range than 25 yards!) and a Mossberg riot gun in addition to my custom Colt Commander. :D :D

I was thinking of stopping by the monthly match at the Spotsman club I am in. I already bought the holster. I would be using my S&W 4006. not exactly a compation gun. I have about 3,000 rounds of empty .40 cases laying around in case I ever get the erge to reload for it.

John

That's a good start, John! :D THe group I've been visiting is definitely no threat to the national competitors, but they seem to have fun and to be a good bunch of guys. I've driven past the Sportsman's Club, I think, between Modesto and Riverbank maybe? I will probably be up in Oakdale and Modesto in the next couple of weeks, as one of my daughters is expecting a baby boy any day now...hmmm, I have 3-year ol son who will be an uncle very soon. My Commander has been somewhat customized by King's Gunworks and has a S&W Model 19 adjustable rear sight installed. It's a good shooter. :D

Now you've gone and done it...I'm jealous!

Sure wish we could get things developed at our local club for this kind of competition! It sure sounds like a hoot.

I haven't shot with them yet, just watched. They do something different every month. Sometimes it's the metal plates to knock over the fastest, sometimes it's bowling pins, etc. One guy is an instructor for the LA County Sheriff's Dept. He's a good shot, but his reloads are slow. Thye're usually done early in the afternoon, but with the mystery 3-gun match, it will go on later in the day.

Calif. Hunter, I shot "Pracital Pistol" or I.P.S.C./U.S.P.S.A. type compation for five years, mostly at the Fresno club (central Cal. pistol legue) I have also been to some matchs at the Oakdale club. I'ts a lot of fun, but once your hooked, It can get very time & money consuming.
If you ever get into traveling around to different clubs, and want to try the Fresno club, drop me a note and I will contact them and get you a copy of there schedule & newsletter.
And as far as those fellows up at Oakdale are concerned, belive me, some of them are a threat to the national competitors. There are a lot of great clubs around Calif., another one to check out is the Bakersfield club, I think its called "Five Dogs"

The club I belong to is Turlock. I ahve watched 1 match thats it. They start at 8:30 in the morning so it will be hard for me to get there in time.
Calif hunter : I send you an email with my phone # maybe we can have lunch or something if you have time. Congradlations on the future grandchild.

John

Thanks, John - that'd be great if we could hook up and actually meet, face to face. I'll probably be up there for at least a couple of days. I'm having a hard time accepting that I'll be a Grandpa...I'm not old enough yet. ;)

Well, I went Saturday and didn't make too big of a fool of myself. There were 3 stages, and you had to shoot each stage three times. It was a whole lot of fun, but it wasn't until the last run-through of the last stage before I really felt compfortable. I did manage to make an 8 1/2 second run on that last attempt...6 hits on 4 targets at various ranges out to 25 yards. I won't talk about the times on the earlier runs.... ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back